• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Thank you for the welcome

I'm a new member to the forum; but I have read a number of the posts.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease approximately fifteen years ago. At that time, I had re-section surgery, and follow-up treatment. I was in remission until one-and-one half years ago. I suffered from a major flare-up two months ago; and was hospitalized for medication treatment --but no surgery. My doctor has treated me with on Prednisone and Asacol; which were not successful in relieving my inflammation.

I have just started Remicaid treatments last week, and have reacted well to them so far. I have also added Spurilina and Probiotics to my natural supplements.

I would appreciate any advice tha can be offered about my next steps.

JCC

Symptoms of Crohn's

Thanks, David,

I've had a severe flare-up during the past couple of months--after twelve years in
remission. I've been on Prednisone, Asacol, and numerous food supplements since my hospitalization in February. My doctor has now put me on Remicaid, as both a colonoscopy and RMI revealed that I still have an inflamed small intestine. Apparently, the other medications did not get my condition under control.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear that you have now had problems after such a nice period of remission :( you have definetly come to the right place though for helpful info and support. Do check out the above mentioned so you can have a chat with others who are on this med and can share experiences etc, I will keep fingers crossed that this does the trick and gets you feeling better soon.

AB
xx