• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Nervous after all these yrs?

I`m having a Colonoscopy in 3 days. I cant believe i`m still this tore up after having those done for 20yrs, but i`m terrified this time. I cant ever drink the stuff they give me, I throw it up, :puke_r: but my Dr gave me a Suprep bowel prep kit. Never had it before. Just hope I can tolerate it. Has anyone had that Prep before? Would love some advice on it. :frown:

Hello Kendra,

I had my first colonoscopy last Friday (aged 53!!!!) and found the whole experience far easier than I had expected. Most of the posts I had read were of the opinion the prep day was worse than the examination (although I was not sedated - but that's another story). I had Picolax to drink and they were so innocuous I was, much to my surprise, able to sip them - not unpleasant taste at all. Just a thought for anyone looking for an alternative!

Suprep

Hello Kendra,

I had my first colonoscopy last Friday (aged 53!!!!) and found the whole experience far easier than I had expected. Most of the posts I had read were of the opinion the prep day was worse than the examination (although I was not sedated - but that's another story). I had Picolax to drink and they were so innocuous I was, much to my surprise, able to sip them - not unpleasant taste at all. Just a thought for anyone looking for an alternative!
I have had Crohns since the age of 17, i`m 37 now. Twenty yrs of this & i`m stressing bad over the prep. I haven't taken this particular one, but I hope its gonna stay down. But yes, the prep IS harder than the procedure. That plus the not being able to eat anything! Makes you wanna eat everything in the fridge, lol. My scope is May 8th. Hope all is well with you. Thanks for the reply :hang:

Ah Honey, I'm so with you, after 25 years of scopes I can tell what the white envelope is when it arrives in the post before i even open it and I instantly cry for hours, like you after all this time we would think it would get easier but it is just a natural reaction.
I just try to put it to the back of my mind and pray for help getting through it esp the prep, now I have 2 kids under 5 it can make it an interesting ole day when your kids are constantly asking questions like why are you not eating or whats that lovely drink you won't share with us.
I haven't had experience with the prep you were given but I will be sending you bigs hugs on prep and scope day.
Gwen xxx

:)

Ah Honey, I'm so with you, after 25 years of scopes I can tell what the white envelope is when it arrives in the post before i even open it and I instantly cry for hours, like you after all this time we would think it would get easier but it is just a natural reaction.
I just try to put it to the back of my mind and pray for help getting through it esp the prep, now I have 2 kids under 5 it can make it an interesting ole day when your kids are constantly asking questions like why are you not eating or whats that lovely drink you won't share with us.
I haven't had experience with the prep you were given but I will be sending you bigs hugs on prep and scope day.
Gwen xxx