• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Thanks for the reminder!

Hi fellow Chronies etc... I just found this forum yesterday.
I just wanted to say thank you for reminding me that I am not the only one in the world dealing with this crap (pun intended). Crohn's can be a very isolating disease.
A little about me.
Dx: 1995 Crohn's located at terminal illium (after several years of wrong dx).
Surgery: 2003 colon resection +
Remission: 2003-2008 (except for a pregnancy flare???? wha???)
was on Remicade for 2 years until recently when it caused psoriasis (seriously????)
just started Humira:voodoo:
pretty sure I am a walking poster child for autoimmune diseases

You know, I had a bout with psoriasis a few years before I ever got Crohn's disease. Then it came back a few years after I was diagnosed with Crohn's. Have never gotten completely rid of it since. I have never been on Remicade, but have heard that one autoimmune disease predisposes us to others.

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome :) I'm glad you joined.

I wonder if you would benefit from Stelara if/when it is approved for Crohn's Disease. I wonder that as it's already approved to help with psoriasis.

In case you haven't seen it, we have a Humira subforum where you can connect with others on it. I hope it does the trick for you!

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum, good to see you here :bigwave: Do have a good nosy around, especially the at the above mentioned humira forum - there is plenty of helpful info and support here for you.

AB
xx