• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Not So Great Story

S

SB6286

I have been on here for a day so I guess now is a good time to put my story down.

Back in December I was having problems with lightheadedness which got so bad I went to the hospital in fear of something serious. They sent me to a cardiologist which after multiple test found absolutely nothing.... he said is was probably anxiety. Wow, where are the doctors these days.

So anyway, I continued to live with acid and a handful of zantacs. Luckily, I got married on May 17th and had a symptom free day (god came through on that one) which turned out to be the greatest day of my life. June 2 was my birthday and believe it or not the last day I have ever ate what I wanted since. I went a month with hit and miss work attendence and pain. I knew since my stomach was hurting I would go find a GI and I did which diagnosed me with Crohn's.. great!! :pale:

Now I have been out of work for over a month because of this cursed flare-up and absolutely broke. WoW does life change on a dime.

Sounds familiar. It's a real up and down for most of us. The first couple of years after my diagnosis were really bad. Then I learned how to eat and got on supplements like probiotics. I had a couple of really good years followed by a bad year, then to having part of my colon taken out.

I would follow the advice of your GI, but if I could go back, I would have got on Remicade or Humira as early as possible. But there's an ongoing debate about starting out with the heavy stuff first or working up to it. Some insurance companies won't cover biologics until you've tried everything else. LDN has shown promise as well and there are some threads about it.

In any event, welcome to the forum. Lots of good discussion here and helpful info.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome SB6286.

I am sorry things are not going great for you right now. Just realize that your present situation does not mean that is how your future will be. Things can change really fast and I hope you can learn that from this community.