• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I've Finally Been Diagnosed!

I've spent the last 2 weeks in hospital, and finally I'VE BEEN DIAGNOSED!! Yay! (Not yay to Crohns, yay to finally having an answer!)

They said Ive got Crohns Disease the whole way through my colon and bowels and "Ileitis" (sp?) and Ive had a "severe flare up".

Im now on Infliximab and Prednisolone (they're weaning me off the steroids now) and hoping to feel better soon!

Has anyone else been on Infliximab? What was it like? Did it help?

The steroids are making me really hungry, all I want to do is eat! Which is alot better than not being able to I suppose!

Im so happy to finally have a definite answer!

Hi Lexy :) Well, I'm so sorry to hear it's Crohns but can identify with the relief you feel at knowing what's wrong. You must have been having a bad flare to be hospitalised and to get straight on to the Infliximab, but sounds like you are being well taken care of. Infliximab worked for me and I sincerely hope it does for you too. Wishing you a speedy recovery and that you get home soon. X

Hiya, yeah they said it was a really severe case! Not sure how bad, I think this is my first flare up ever? Not too sure, its all blurred into one recently lol.

I was discharged from hospital 2 days ago so Im back at home resting now :)

Thanks for your wishes, hope all is ok with you!

I'm so happy for you! I was diagnosed less then a week ago. I was so relieved and scared to know exactly what was going wrong. Keep us updated on how the medication is going. It is such a great time of the year to be feeling better.

Yeah its a relief knowing what wrong now instead of just wondering! A huge weight off my shoulders!

Im going back in 2 weeks for my next infusion so I will update after that one :)

Angrybird

Hey Lexy, glad you finally have an answer even if it's not a great one. It is not unusual for some docs to hit the disease from the top meds instead of working from the bottom up so fingers crossed the Remi does the trick for you and you can be off the pred soon. If you have not already definelty check out the Remi sub forum and perhaps have a look a the 'club' thread to check out others experiences on this: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58.

AB
xx

Thanks so much, yeah they are weaning me off of them now, im going down one tablet per week until im not on any, think it will be about 6 weeks :)