• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Officially in remission

My blood now shows what I have been feeling for a little over a month. I am in remission!!!!
I have gone from sickly to healthy in just 8 weeks. I was so scared to start Remicade that when my doc said we needed to go that route, I just freaked. For me, I decided to try Paleo. It has been described as an anti-inflammatory diet. Not knowing much more than that, I thew myself at it whole heartedly. That was 8 weeks ago.
My CRP's are within normal range. They have been elevated for nearly 4 years.
My iron is within normal range. I have been anemic for 3 years and had to have iron infusions last Dec. I was told, by my Hemotologist, that I could expect to have infusions 2-3 times a year, but now I do not need them :ylol2:
My Vit b12 is normal! I am now absorbing this important vitamin normally! I was on monthly injections for the last year.
My Crohn's symptoms are gone. No more D, arthritis issues, pain during digestion, and the awful serious lack of energy. :emot-dance:
Lastly, I have been taken off of Entocort. I have been on it, in various doses, for nearly a year. I know that being on oral steroids, for extended periods, is hard on your body and I am thrilled to be off.
I will continue taking low dose Azathioprine and will reassess with my gut doc in August.

8 weeks ago I was desperate to get ahold of this flare. I am amazed at how far I have come. Paleo worked for me, I do not assume it is for everyone, but maybe my story will give some people another option to try.

I blogged about my whole journey. If you want to read it, feel free.
Thank you all for being here for support. Many a days, I'd find myself lurking here just because I knew 'here' I was normal and accepted.

I'll still be around here. I doubt I can give back all the encouragement I have recieved here, but I will try!

JDTM

OMG LDN BBQ
Wow, Kelly! Super psyched for you! Keep that remission going -- it sounds like you're doing great!!