• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

5 Years

Well, it's today. My 5-year Crohnsiversary.

I was diagnosed on May 17, 2007, after two weeks in hospital and a year of being ill beforehand... I finally had some answers and could start moving forward!!

It was a challenge at first - the dreaded Prednisone; failing Pentasa, Salofalk, Imuran, 6-MP, and Methotrexate... Finally, with Humira, have been in remission for a solid 2 years. Luckily, I avoided surgery to this point - hoping I won't need it in the future.

Reflecting today - wow, a lot has happened in 5 years!! When I was diagnosed, I was married. I am now divorced. I changed careers. I focused on me. I sold a house, scrapped a car, bought a new one. I traveled. I moved half way across the country to follow a dream. By myself. I have a whole new perspective. I'm loving my independence. Sure, I still have my bad days, but I'm much more optimistic now than I used to be.

The long and short of it is, I'm so grateful that crohnsforum was here for me when I was 'new' to the whole IBD scene... and was there for me over the years with any questions I had. Knowing I wasn't alone was a huge comfort. Thank you to everyone here, anyone who reads, and all those who keep it running. Wishing you all a long, happy remission and hoping for that cure!!!!!

Cons! U are so long with remission and have a good perspective. When I was diagosoed, I was also just married and still now I'm worried about my marriage and my job which is connected to my insurance. However, your experience gives me good view of future even there would sth wrong with my environment. Thank you and best wishes!

congrats my friend. great to hear your stoy.

I just love this section....gives me so much of positive feeling.

Congratulations, this is my 2 year anniversary and also in remission and I agree this forum has been the best for help and advise you can literally ask anything, it keeps us all ahead of the game. Long live remission

Jessi

What an inspiring message, Shazzy. :hug: Thank you for sharing this with us. I hope you continue to do so well.