• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Scared and confused

Hey everyone,

I'm 22 years old and I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease when I was 8, and have been on Remicade for like nine years. Up until now I haven't had any issues with my Crohn's and no side effects from Remicade. Now, ever since my last treatment, I am getting really sharp chest pains, sore throat, stomach pains, and black bowels. Not to mention I am soooo tired all day! Every time I've gone into the ER they test and say nothing is wrong with me. My Gastro is new and definitely not helping me. What should I do??? Any idea what this could be?:(

Welcome to the forums.

I'm so sorry about how you feel and I hope you get better soon. Do you have the possibility to change your GI to be more experienced one?

Thats what I'm trying to work on right now, but it's hard to find the time with work. I just wonder if I shouldn't be switched off of remicade.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear you are feeling unwell and am not getting any support from you doc. This may be something to do with the remi but really you need to be able to see a good GI who can properly look into this for you so do keep pushing at this. If it is the remi they can then of course start looking into an alternative treatment for you. When are you due for your next infusion? What tests were carried out when you went to the ER?

Hope you can get this sorted soon.

AB
xx