• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to forums

Hi all! I am Angie, mom to Ali. Ali was diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease in early 2011. She is 14 and feels like she's the only person in the world with a chronic disease. She was also diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis when she was 18 months old.

I guess my reason for coming here is to see if there are any teens 13-17, out there that are "talking" about their disease. I want to show her that there are others just like her that aren't (using her wording) "normal".

Look forward to hearing from you!!!!

A

I was diagnosed when I was 17, (22 now). It does feel like a lot when you're younger to take it but take it from me going through the prime teen / 20s years of you're life, You can still have the time of your life and live with the disease at the same time.

Angrybird

Hello Angie and welcome to the forum :bigwave: definetly check out the above mentioned forum and we also have a teen only sub forum that Ali may like to check out. How she is doing at the moment?

Wishing you both all the best

AB
xx