• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to forum. have some questons.

Hello everyone. Hoping to get some help with some questions in this forum. Dx with crohns throughout entire GI tract about 3 yrs ago. Most painful awful thing I've gone thru. Hospitalized 3 times since December and am desperately wanting to know successful drugs that have helped others. Tried 6 mp and remicade,had allergic reaction to remicade, now need to find another medication that may work. Need to get better and get back to work as I have a family. Also dx with celiac disease 10yrs ago and wondering how many of you were diagnosed with celiac prior to crohns. Any input would be appreciated.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum, I am sorry to hear that you are not doing so well at the moment :(

One thing it may be worth asking your doc about is the 'sister' meds to what you have already been on - azathioprine for 6mp or humira for the remicade - to get more info on these and others meds than get used definetly have a nosy around our treatment forum http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16. When are you due to see your doc to discuss things?

I hope you can be feeling better soon, please keep us updated on how you are getting on.

AB
xx

NB I myself have not had a celiac diagosis

David

Co-Founder
Hey rh and welcome to the forum :) I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble getting in remission though :(

Angrybird above pointed you in the right direction. I'd take a hard look at utilizing enteral nutrition in addition to your other treatment options if you feel you could stick with it.

Are you off the 6-MP now? If not, what dose are you on?

Again, welcome!