• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Been in the hospital since friday...

I'm back in the hospital. I was babysitting a kid and I tried my best to keep up with her but I guess I over did it. The poor child had to arrange for me to go to the ER while I eas crying in pain. I went to the ER and the CT and bloodwork showed I had a lot of fluid in my pelvis,more inflammation and an infection. They had to tamsport meto a hospital with a pediatric GI. This GI is the one I had from age two till eight. My GI is hours away and wants me up there but I'm not stable enough. I just was on Prednisone from october till April and it put me in bifocals[Im 15] so I am not excited that his GI put me back on Prednisone and a lot of antibiotics. I cant eat much but the doctors are foce feeding me. So Im hoping I don't get an ng tube. They want me here for at least a week but Im scheduled for my loading dose of Cimzia friday. Its the only TNF I havent been on yet. Im not trying Tysabri. Way too risky. On a funny side note- The nurss gave me a lot of fruits and vegetables and a spicy creole pasta complete with a side salad. I was mortified. So now a dietician is special ordering me food :) I can not get this flare down!!! I also received my first dose of Dilauded and WOW. I apparently was talking about zombies eating people's faces off(if you live in the US andhave been watching the news you will know how creepy that is). LOL.

:facepalm:

The nurse gave you PASTA, and a SPICY CREOLE WHO?? RUFFAGE???

Thankfully the nutritionist intervened. you gotta watch those attending physicians there, you should have been put on a special diet before you even got up to peds!

This Dr hasn't seen you in years.. he should have consulted with him. If not, he should consult with him before he gives you any meds other than what you are taking now..

one thing I learned with too many doctors is like the old saying goes,
"Too many cooks spoil the soup"

:getwell:

Oh yeah!!!! They talked to my GI after they put me on steroids and other crap. They assured me they would call him agai tomorrow. He is going to be annoyed at their decision to put me on seroids. I was on a all clear liquid diet but this GI put me on a another diet this afternoon that consists of white bread, crackers, rice soup, gatorade, vanilla wafers and a lot of butter and salt. Hard to gain weight from that but I am trying!! I told my mom to try the spicy creol crap and she was disgusted and demanded my doctor look over what the nurses are doing.....Geez! I told the on calll GI just eat whatever but I avoid fatty stuff,vegggies,fruit,spicy stuff and salad. I am going to personally talk to my GI on the phone. The nurses here know nothing and they were trying to give me tipson Crohns!!! One even reccomended TPN and just said NO. I'll eat what I want and get my parents to bring me snacks I can tolerate. People wonder why my GI is so far away..........

I just got out of the hospital on the condition that I would get part of my loading dose at the Rhuematologists office which I just did! I was throwing up & using the bathroom nonstop as soon as I walked into my Rhuematologists office. I didn't even feel bad they had to wait to give me the loading dose because I felt like death! I hope this Cimzia works because I have never heard of anyone adding 6MP/Methotrexate/Imuran for a 'boost' with Cimzia. I don't even want to consider surgery. I was told that Cimzia is supposed to be one of the fastest acting Biologics out there so I am excited. Having your intestines feeling like they are going to explode gets old :poo:

I hope you are feeling better yourself! :hang:

Glad to hear you are out of the Hospital!

Here's hoping the meds do their job! Keep us all posted and get better!!