• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Daughter with crohns perianal symptoms?

Hi Everyone~
New to the group, glad to have you all for support.
My daughter was diag with crohns in 2011 at the young age of 14. Shes been hospitalized but no surgeries. Her crohns was where her large and small intestines meet. Shes on apriso and a ton of supplements, she was recently put on LDN for 2 months now. since being on LDN she has been doing wonderful, no stomach pains, more energy........the only problem she has now is rectum pressure and pain when going to the bathroom. Nothing was visable when she saw her GI but he thought it was perianal from the symptoms so shes been on flagyl for 30 days now. shes been off flagyl for a day or two now and the pain is coming back. there's no discharge just what she calls pressure which can last even after she poops and as she describes sometimes feels like glass it hurts so bad. Does anyone have the same problem? would a fissure or fistual be visible to the eye or always have drainage?
Oh and off the subject, she tends to burp alot. anyone else have that problem? she is on nexium and iron supplements as well.
Thanks so much,
Sharon

Hi and welcome.:ysmile:
So sorry your girl is going through this.
I'm sorry I don't have experience with perianal symptoms.
My Little Farm Girl is three and has crohn's symptoms since she was 6mo. old. We've JUST started the process of getting her a diagnosis. I do know that parents here have gone through that with their children. We have a wonderful parents forum here. Please feel free to join up. I know others will be on their way to help.

Again Welcome,
:heart:Farmwife:heart:

Angrybird

Hello Sharon and welcome to the forum, I am sorry to hear your daughter has this horrible disease. I have not had a fistula/fissure myself so could not advise on if these are what are causing your daughters symptoms. If you have not already have a nosy at the fistula's/abscess forum as there will be info about them here: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76. What did her doc have to say about it? I will be keeping fingers crossed that this can be sorted for her soon.

AB
xx

NB Also definetly check out our parents forum as there are plenty here to have a chat with about being a parent of a child with IBD: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Hi Leahs Mum
The glass reference your daughter made sounds like it might be a fissure.
I liken it to fish hooks and razor blades. Not nice.
And yes - generally you can see it.
Sometimes it's also itchy.
A sitz bath could help, calmoseptine, using baby wipes or for intense bad pain - lignocaine.
Hope she feels better soon - poor little thing.