• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How long does it take for LDN to reduce pain?

My wife was diagnosed in Jan with severe CD in the illium after having pain for two months. She has no D, just the pain. She has been on predisone and 1000mg pentassa 3xday, but every time she tappers the predisone to 10mg the pain returns and then she has to go back up to 15mg and start again. She is also following the SCD diet since Jan 100% without cheating. We have a appoitment with a wellness clinc in Mass. that will prescribe her LDN. My question is how long will it take for LDN to reduce the inflammation? Will she notice a decrease in pain after being LDN? Can you take LDN with predisone?

Hi ny_sooner,
My daughter is on LDN. We initiated it while weaning off entocort another steroid drug. I would have her start the LDN and then slowly wean off the prednisons. By the time she is off the prednisone the LDN should have kicked in. That is how it worked for my daughter. I have heard of it taking longer in some people but everyone is different and you just have to see how it goes.