• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Losing the battle :(

:sign0085:Okay so , I'm new here my name is Evelyn. I have a three year old daughter, just got married months ago and a new step-daughter. My marriage however is already struggling :(. I'm becoming more and more depressed. Most of my problems come from my illnesses, I have Endo which was the first thing i was diognosed with. After starting treatment for that they discovered the I.C. So then i went through treatment for that as well, all to no avail. Finally I was just Dianosed with Crohns :(. I have alot (at least 1 or 2 a week) of bad days. When i say bad day those are the ones i really can't get out of bed for the pain. Then i have hard days, I get out of bed but still stuggle to really do anything. I have been dealing with this for 3 years and 2 months. I have had 4 surgeries which have all made it worse and been on so many diff treatments I lost count. The thing that gets to me most is I'm only 21!!!! 21!!!! I'm missing out on so much and nothing has help in fact alot has made it worse. they want to do a hysto on me but I'm too young also me and my husband still want a baby together some one help me please. I'm starting to feel like just giving up :(

Hi I am so sorry for all your pain. I have either colitis or crohns , they cant seem to figure it out. I too have had 4 surgeries within the the last year.They removed my colon and i had a iliostomy bag for the last 7 mths then had the reversal back in Feb, to no avail. I am on so many drugs right now too. I feel bad because of your age. Me well i was diagonised in 2003 and didnt have issues for 8 yrs things have drastically changed for me though. I am 50 yrs old so i can handle it a bit easier. I understand the pain issue too ,i would have burn marks on my gut from the heated rice bag to kill the pain. I have always said that I feel for the young ones ,teens and young adults. You have many yrs ahead of you which to have to deal. My sons girlfriend had crohns and shes only 23. My advice is to try to get on meds that help put you in remission and eat healthy. I have to eat bland foods ,alot of white products etc. You are way too young to have to deal with these problems.try to keep good thoughts and i will cross my fingers that you get all the help you need to heal and move forward.

David

Co-Founder
Hi Evelyn and welcome :) I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. You should NOT be having this much trouble. However, to point you in the right direction, we're going to need some information if you're so inclined:

1. What medications are you currently on?

2. What medications have you tried in the past?

3. What specific symptoms do you have right now? List every symptom, even things you're not sure are caused by Crohn's Disease.

4. What diets/dietary restrictions, if any, have you tried?

5. Are you currently on any supplements?

6. Please tell us what specific surgeries you've had.

That's a good start. I sincerely believe that things can and will get better for you. We just need to see what directions to point you in.

We're here for you :)

*hugs*

Hello there, I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I know it's tough especially when you are young. My serious troubles started a year ago at 25 and now I'm 26 and I still feel too young for this. You should demand your GI to find a way to control your Crohn's and induce remission. Also like previous poster said try to eat a better diet if you are not already, I hope you find what makes you feel better soon and don't give up.