• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Milk(or should I say milk fat) is once again targeted

I'm lactose intolerant so I drink a lot of gluten free, soy free, lactose free(pretty much 'everything' free)Almond milk. It honestly isn't that bad & tastes better than regular milk.

Gee. It seems like everything either 'causes' or 'triggers' Crohn's flares.

yeah, milk and i have a difficult relationship.

yogurt too.

though cheese and butter go down nicely.

((gi told me i might be intolerant to lactose, but even the locatose free milk doesnt agree with me. so your article makes sense, citing the FAT in milk as the culprit))

doc out!
88 mph

Last edited:
As a kid, the only type of dairy that I consumed was rice milk and rice products... my little brother is/was deathly allergic to cows milk, as well as any soy products. I never had cows milk until college, yet I have had stomach issues my whole life. Surprisingly though I can tolerate cows milk fine, and drink it by the gallons. When I first started having some stomach issues my doc thought it was a lactose/haltose/fructose intolerancy, yet even with removing the milk and those products from my diet, I still had problems and well Crohns undiagnosed at the time.

As a kid, the only type of dairy that I consumed was rice milk and rice products... my little brother is/was deathly allergic to cows milk, as well as any soy products. I never had cows milk until college, yet I have had stomach issues my whole life. Surprisingly though I can tolerate cows milk fine, and drink it by the gallons. When I first started having some stomach issues my doc thought it was a lactose/haltose/fructose intolerancy, yet even with removing the milk and those products from my diet, I still had problems and well Crohns undiagnosed at the time.

i think the articles point was, saturated fats may trigger inflammation in people who are genetically predisposed.. to crohns or what have you.

so even if you avoid diary , saturated fats are found in tons of processed foods.