• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the forum

Hi all,
I just joined tonight. I was diagnosed 5 years ago with mild Crohn's after a colonoscopy. When I went in for my follow up appt. The Dr. Said it wasn't worth a diagnosis, so I have pretty much tried to ignore my symptoms. Surprise! I just had another colonoscopy with a different G.I. Doc. He was shocked that I wasn't on meds. Apparently things have gotten a bit worse in there. I went to ER in May because I was having tons of blood and it scared me! They had no idea what to do with me. Treated me for dehydration and told me it was a flare up. I can't get into the G I until next month. I am just recovering from blood, frequent toilet trips, major rectal pain. Now I am going through nausea. How do you know when to be concerned and when it is just Crohn's? I am thankful for all the info on here.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear that you are having a tough time at the moment and am concerned that your crohns is still being left untreated. I would say that you need to see if you can bring your GI appt forward as things can only get worse the longer your crohns goes untreated. If not are you able to get to your GP? I would hope that they could at least prescribe something to help with your symptoms, if this is not possible then get back to a&e - keep pushing (kick up a stink if you must) until you can get to see someone who can get you on some treatment as you really shouldn't have to be living with these problems.

Hope you can get something sorted soon, pls keep us updated on how you get on.

AB
xx

Thank you so much for the input. I feel like whenever I go to any Dr. They just say it's the Crohn's, so I thought that I had to just cope with it. Now I am learning that I don't have to.

Thank you so much for the input. I feel like whenever I go to any Dr. They just say it's the Crohn's, so I thought that I had to just cope with it. Now I am learning that I don't have to.
Are doctors really this bad everywhere? Oh my. It's the Crohn's, I -could- prescribe you this stuff to clear your symptoms, but instead I'll point and laugh as you suffer.

Angrybird

Oh hun you definetly don't have to just deal with it yourself. If you feel that you are not getting the correct care from your GI then perhaps look into seeing a new one, it is so important to get that you are getting the correct support with a disease like this.

AB
xx

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome :)

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble :( And it's unfortunate that first GI didn't properly treat you. :mad:

To help bridge the gap between now and when you see your GI, you may want to research enteral nutrition to help get things calmed down. It's a pretty darn good treatment option and one you can do yourself (though we'd prefer you do it under the supervision of a doctor, but sometimes that isn't possible).

We're here for you!