• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help!! I have prom tonight!

Hi guys, I am currently undiagnosed. I have the prom tonight but just happen to have a bad flare up right now, I dont want to miss my prom so im going to go but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to lessen my flare a bit if that is possible? I dont know what to do so any help is greatly appreciated

Hi Layla, to be honest if your having a bad time and flare up I suggest you not Go! :( but as you do really want to go and not miss out, then best thing to do! Is let it pass a bit not eat and try to destress. I'm normally a good hider when I'm in pain! But now past the point of hiding. Good luck x

rygon

what do you normally get for a flare? I'd keep off the booze / food / caffine. Carry a spare pair of pants in your purse with wipes.

Really depends on what symptoms you have (D can be stopped with immodium) Other than that dont stress, have a good time and if ou shit yourself you will laugh about it in 10yrs time (hopefully) :)

David

Co-Founder
Hey Layla,

That's a toughie. I like rygon's thoughts. Prom is once in a lifetime and if the flare isn't, "OMG this pain is terrible" type flare, then go for it. Pack some change of clothes and have as good a time as you can. :)

Let us know how it goes!

Angrybird

I can only agree about taking a spare change of undies and some wipes just in case. Also try to keep your food as bland as possible and perhaps stay with mushy stuff like mash or liquids as this may at least help a little with the pain side of things if this is what you are experiencing at the mo. Otherwise try not to stress too much and I hope you have a great time :)

Thank you for the help!, I did'nt eat anything before I went. and when I got there I only ate some nibbles of plain food to get me through the night without starving. It was quite hard to keep acting like I was alright but I got through it and I'm glad to say I didnt miss the ball! oh and I didnt end up needing those spare undies hahaha thank godness