• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Advice please people

Hey guys and gals,

I really need some advice. It's day two after my last colonoscopy and the pain in my gut is really bad. I also now have a pain in my chest just under my left collar bone. It's like a shooting pain. The pain in my tummy is making me feel quite ill and the whole day I just wanna be sick although I haven't. Should I be worried?

Thanks in advance.

David

Terriernut

Usually the day after is not the best day for me. If you are still having quite alot of pain, I do think you should speak to your Dr about it.

The pain under your left collar bone I dont know. Usually they put air in when they are doing the scope, but it shouldnt escape.

Were you completely knocked out during the scope or were you watching on the camera? Did they take alot of biopsies by any chance?

Yeah I was totally under but the doctor did say they took a few biopsies. I am worried my intestine has been perforated and air is escaping. I am not sure if it's dangerous either. If the pain continues I will going round the er.

Pain in the shoulder area is very common after LAPAROSCOPY, where there is gas inserted into the peritoneal cavity to make space for another operation to be done (eg appendicectomy, cholecystectomy) but shouldn't be there after a colonoscopy when all the gas should be contained inside the bowel wall - it's possible there's a little hole in the bowel wall from the biopsies they took. I'd go to the ER, or contact the hospital where you had the scope. A plain AXR should give an answer fairly quickly. Hope you'd feeling better soon 😊

Hi all,

Just been discharged from hospital today. I went to the er on Friday evening and they took me into the hospital on suspected pancreatitis. The pain is gone now thankfully, I was permanent drip and pain killers. I have to go back in four to see the doctor to make sure I don't have gall stones. According to the doctor that saw he says it can all be linked to crohns, oh joy.

Terriernut

The joy of crohns. Glad you went to hospital, never take any chances with this disease. Hope you get to feeling 100% very soon!

Unfortunately it looks like i did have pacreatitis, Pentasa has very rare side affect which is pancreatitis. Had to have a ct scan today to ensure no permanent damage was done to my pancreas. Also had some news from my biopsies. It seems as if my diagnosis of crohns is now in question as they found schistosomiasis in the biopsie. The doctor still thinks I might have crohns as this should not cause strictures. Saw him today in the hallways wandering around before my scan and he is not convinced I have schistosomiasis. I had to do a stool sample today too to see if there is anything in there. I am down in the dumps again as it feels like i am back at square one. I am going on holiday next friday and the next time I see my doc is next wednesday. Such is life I suppose.

Terriernut

Its easy to get in the dumps while you are going through the diagnostic stages. Try not to let it get you down, as they are getting there. Some people have to wait years for a proper diagnosis.

As they have found something else, it wont hurt to treat that in the meantime to make your life better. And...go and enjoy your holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!
:kiss: