View Poll Results: Does your IBD cause you to vomit?
Yes 58 58.00%
No 42 42.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

09-05-2008, 08:25 AM   #1
hippie4lyfe

To Puke or not to Puke?

Are you a puker? How often do you vomit as a result of your crohn's? Does anything elicit the vomiting?
09-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
My Butt Hurts
Squeals-a-lot!

I've only puked about 4 times due to Crohn's. It's been while I was ON the toilet, and the "down below" pressure must've built up, and it forced my stomach contents out upwards at the same time.
It was weird.
09-05-2008, 04:31 PM   #3
hippie4lyfe

eww im always worried about puking while on the toilet, thats gotta be the worst
09-05-2008, 07:11 PM   #4
jed

before my surgery, i was getting to the stage of puking 3-5 times a day.

just let it happen i say! out with the old, in with the new!

Current meds - Methotrexate, the rest werent doing anything.
Current state - hopeing poop softener, honey and cinnamon tea make me poop like a crohnie again..

my story - http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=3093
09-05-2008, 07:40 PM   #5
katiesue1506

I've never puked... just been nauseous
09-05-2008, 07:42 PM   #6
teeny5

My Support Groups:
I only puke with it when I am in a lot of pain. I was never a puker before, but now my gag reflex I think is more sensitive.
09-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #7
Isla

I avoid actually vomiting as much as humanly possible though my nausea is 24/7, hopefully the elemental diet will help with that.
09-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #8
hippie4lyfe

isla how does one avoid vomiting? i hate vomiting its painful but i cant control it if it wants to come up its gonna find a way even if i fight it
09-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #9
Isla

I cannot answer this question in this thread because we aren't in the "Lounge"

hahahaha
09-06-2008, 10:56 AM   #10
Paulah28

When I get nauseaus to the point where it consumes my every thought I cannot seem to not puke. I hate to say it but when I was a teen I had the binge/purge thing so I have the voluntary pucking thing down. I would probably say it is about once or twice a week. It is not that I like it but I HATE having an upset belly.
09-12-2008, 04:13 PM   #11
Wiles

I've never really been a puker. I used to get really bad nausea from Crohn's or even sometimes the meds I was on, but I wouldn't throw up.

I did have a 24hr flu at the end of August, though. It was not fun. I haven't been that sick with the flu since I was a wee lad. Let's just say I had to bring a bucket to the toilet with me.
12-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #12
NatalieMT

I often feel nauseous with whatever the heck is going on with me, I have vomited (usually it's just bile) on numerous occasions. Happens really early in the mornings oddly like 5am and over about an hour I'll have a couple of vomiting episodes.

I keep an empty bucket next to my bed now, avoids gross mess!
12-30-2008, 08:47 PM   #13
hippie4lyfe

yeah the bucket is a good idea, i usually aim for a bucket or bag when i feel that way, i cant vomit in a toilet, the idea grosses me out and makes me want to vomit more and i try not to vomit and hold it in because vomiting is so not pleasant.
12-30-2008, 08:51 PM   #14
MINI Cooper

I am a BIG puker.

If not on any drugs, I will puke myself to starvation, as I almost did, hence
the TPN and getting down to 74 pounds, with a collapsed large intestine.

And yes, I have had it come out both ends at the same time, which is why
I always have a bucket nearby. Oh, the fun of Crohn's.
Shameless Plug:
www.cloverscritters.com
12-30-2008, 09:01 PM   #15
dayng1016

I'm not much of a puker. I've only puked once since my diagnosis and that was not fun, because was on the toilet too. Coming out both ends definitely sucks. I've had several false alarms, the feeling so bad but nothing. I'm not one that can make myself puke either, no matter how much I try.
12-30-2008, 11:33 PM   #16
hippie4lyfe

I wouldn't even try, I don't get those people, puking is painful, its like better to do it and get it done than sit and suffer but its a miserable process.
12-31-2008, 12:48 AM   #17

my body doesn't want to puke.. even when i know i'd feel better if i could, it still won't let me. the only times i've thrown up have been when i've been seriously ill - the last time was with a bowel obstruction a few years ago.
11-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #18
Claire617

My Support Groups:
MINI Cooper said:
I am a BIG puker.

If not on any drugs, I will puke myself to starvation:
I'm exactly the same, never had a real problem with my crohn's till jan 2009 since then major flare it started to get worrying when i'd feel better for being sick so if the feeling came to be sick I wouldn't fight it... argh sucks lol

http://www.facebook.com/people/Emma-...889?ref=search
11-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #19
shazamataz

I don't think I have any Crohns-related puking apart from very occasionally if I overeat and get cramps and D after dinner. Twice I have done the sitting on the loo with a bucket thing.
I will admit to getting very nauseous with anxiety and occasionally have to make myself throw up to feel better. Not fun, but seems to do the trick!
11-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #20
CrohnieCarolyn

A world renowned puker for the 14 years I've had Crohns...only when flaring do I spewwww....often though it just feels like I'm gonna so I take an anti nausea medication which helps...I too can't puke into the toilet - too nasty so I use a bucket - actually I stole one of those plastic puke bowls from the hospital - handy dandy..mostly it is bile cause I don't eat much when flared and it is only "projectile vomiting" if I have the flu or have eaten....such a modest disease this is....tune in next week for "how my diarheea splatters in my pants" lol
11-02-2009, 05:16 AM   #21
Theresa

Hi never really used to puke, however have more when flaring, and it tends to be projectile. It just seems that what ever I eat wont gone down and its gotta go somewhere and thats up!! and out!!. I never seem to quite make it to the bathroom so then tend to have to clear it up as well! great fun!
11-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #22
Guestly

Since I started the Aza I have discovered the art of projectile vomiting...

In the UK at the moment there is a lot in the newspapers about women binge drinking and generally behaving in a disgusting fashion... my greatest fear is that one day I will be spottedgiving one of my technicolour displays in public and find myself the illustration for a feature on just how foul some women can be!

My son is a very calm puker... he can be stuffing his face then feel a bit queasy, calmly absents to the bathroom, quietly pukes and then comes back to finish his meal - quite gross really.

I on the other hand puke with every muscle in my body. Even the tips of my hair get involved - usually flicking in my face and getting covered in puke... generally I end up on my hands and knees in some inopportune place like outside a supermarket or the kids school.... every muscle goes into spasm... including my butt... and the battle between control of stomach and anus ensues....

Lishyloo.... xxx
01-13-2010, 08:01 PM   #23
kenny

I had a battle with puking for a month pre-surgery but I was taking oral morphine at the time.

Since I got off the pain meds I have not even thought about it.

Diagnosed July of 2009 / Surgery Oct 2009 / 175mg Imuran since Jan 2010
01-13-2010, 08:16 PM   #24
Tan

when flaring I puke all the time especially while trying to eat.. mostly cause I have extreme nausea and trying to make myself eat but have no appetite at all. I will be doing ok then all of a sudden if decides it doesn't want to stay down there anymore. Also found in the mornings I would have really bad nausea and I would puke when I first woke up. I have sinus at the moment which is really upsetting my stomach from the post nasal dripping and I have been close to the throwing up several times over the last few days but just can't seem too. I don't know if thats a good thing or bad as I know once I puke I will probably feel better plus get some of the nasty crap out of my body. I can't seem to make myself puke tho.
01-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #25
kello82

im a barfer. a big one.
i tossed my cookies yesterday in the NYC Filenes Basement dressing room in fact. i was not wearing my own shirt. and there is some barf stuck in the carpet forever.
my mom and i scooted out of there fast.
Everything, everything will be alright.

<3 Mik
01-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #26
imisspopcorn
Punctuation Impaired

My Support Groups:
I haven't puked since my surgery....I have more unfortunate puke stories than poop stories.....
01-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #27
tiffnzacsmom

I puke whenever I am in in pain. Did I mention I get migraines too? I am an expert at yakking up my goodies, I think it should count as exercise because every part of my body joins the fun. If it is coming out both ends I perfer a sink nearby as I just can't get my head around puking into a bowl unless I'm near death or feeling like it.
01-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #28
shazamataz

I only occasionally have to vomit if I get a cramping episode after dinner. That is when I sit on the toilet with a bucket in front of me. No fun at all!
Had a couple of weeks of this over xmas but seems to have sorted itself now - touch wood!
01-18-2010, 06:21 AM   #29
lucitcha

I hardly ever puke, despite being naseous all the time. Last night it hit me real hard, though. Woke up in the middle of the night feeling awful, big D, and while doing it, the stuff HAD to come out, so I puked awfully (thank god I was able to dirty the shower floor only. Easier to clean. No fun at all. Im still feeling kind of crappy, but it was definetly reliefing to get all that stuff out. My biggest concern is that my puke looked JUST LIKE my crap. Colour and all... Gross!
01-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #30
Nytefyre

I am not a puker either. However, when my mouth becomes overloaded with saliva I know it's time to head for the can!