• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Much Ado About Nothing! eh!

Ok, hopefully you saw the clip.

Clash I love America. I BLEED red white and blue.:us_flag:
BUT..................................
I would seriously consider telling your congress men to succeed from the union and kick those people to the surrounding country.:kissgrits:

I physically feel stupider for watching the clip.:yrolleyes:

They have wrongly deprived me of precious time that I could have put to better value like poking myself in the eye.:eek2:

Clash I know you said they walk around with a bodyguard now. Perhaps they do this to guard US from that child.:runaway::voodoo:

crohnsinct

LMAO! And really Clash? What is up with Georgia? There is another new realty show...can't remember the name but after I stopped vomitting Friday night I came out to 4 princes from other countries coming to the US living in Atlnata as regular joe schmoes looking for the love of their life.

Is there a reason these shows take place in Georgia? The state settled by debtors and the crminally insane?

crohnsinct

So one plus to eating dirty and getting sick...I am in bedwatching the emmy arrivals on E and later the show...guilty pleasure!

Didn't I tell you guys not to watch? I think it should have a warning label for risk of brain atrophy. The body guard thing like I said is a rumor I've heard mostly through locals on fb so I don't honestly know if that is the case. Such a sad commentary on what passes for American entertainment these days! Don't be looking at me for any explanation on why these shows have made their home here...I willingly admit I might be slightly unhinged but that show makes me cringe, run duck and cover possibly not in that order depends on whether I've had my Mommy Supplement!

Happy Birthday O,
I can't believe I didn't see this until today that it was her birthday! Caitlyn's is tomorrow and mine is Friday.

Kimmidwife
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH!
I hope you both have some great days.

Clash you mean you don't have a Honey Boo Boo flag hanging in you yard to show your support?:ybiggrin:
We are in no way blaming you for Honey Boo Boo.:yfrown:
We're just dumb struck (I mean that literal) that a show like this can get peoples attention.:rosette1:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Honey Boo Boo?! What the hell sort of name is that?! I though you were all talking about some revamp of Yogi Bear!

Then the clip...I am rarely lost for words but that was jaw dropping...I am dumbstruck! :yfaint:

And don't even think about sending that family here! Transportation of the socially undesirable stopped in the 1860's!!!

Dusty. :ybatty:

Happy Birthday to both of you!!!

Dusty, come on now you sure you dont want that societal trainwreck even for a visit!!!

crohnsinct

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? O texted her sister in college that daddy brought home Magnolia cupcakes tonight. I am going to see "college" tomorrow to bring her electric blanket and some other supplies (yes it is electric blanket weather in ct already)...anyway, "college" texts and asks me to bring her a cupcake....There were only three...one for O, one for little sis and one for me...do I really give up my Magnolia red velvet for "college"? Is there no end to a mother's devotion and sacrifice?

Don't get all excited...it is just another hit andrun vistit...she has too much "work" to do....anyone want to take a stab at what "work" means?

Tesscorm

Staff member
There were only three...one for O, one for little sis and one for me...do I really give up my Magnolia red velvet for "college"? Is there no end to a mother's devotion and sacrifice?
:rof: :rof: Poor you... My heart breaks for you making, what surely is, the ultimate sacrfice - Magnolia's Red Velvet - for your precious baby!!! :ywow: (Pass it along and just reminding yourself... "it isn't clean, it isn't clean, it isn't clean!" :stinks:)

Hope you enjoy your drive-by visit! :D

:cry:Poor crohnsinct the your love and devotion bring my to tears.

Remember this saying,:nonono: a minute on the lips, lifetime on the hips.:eek:

I hope you have a good drive by visit.:thumleft:

So ummm...C turned 16 today. We went and he took his road test and got his licence. I just watched him pull out of the drive way on his own and head to school. I had the strongest desire to run, screaming after him down the road, drag him back home and pull out his boyhood toys from long ago, lincoln logs, tonka toys and demand he play, with spongebob racket going on in the background while I fixed him a snack! :ylol:
When your oldest child goes through the milestones of growing up you are anxious and excited for all that the future holds, it is exhilarating to see them take each step, try out their wings of independence and grow into their future. You feel all those same emotions with your youngest but with an added touch of sadness that your baby is no longer. I'm so proud of the young man, C is becoming. He has had such battles to overcome this year with his diagnosis but he faces each battle with a fearlessness that lets me know he will be in control of his own life and health long before I am able to let go.:(

Tesscorm

Staff member
Awww...:cry: It is so hard to see them grow up! I sometimes find myself already looking forward to doing the things I now miss with my children with my grandchildren :ybatty: So, I know exactly what you mean... I so miss those moments, when the two of them would be playing:pillowfight:, after their baths, in their pjs, with Spongebob or Barney in the background. They were so cute and cuddly back then! :lol:

My two are only 13 months apart, so it was great growing up in that they were at similar stages, liked similar things, etc. and are very close now. But, often I feel I've barely had time to catch my breath after Emily's crossed one of those milestones before Stephen's crossing the same one! :(

C sounds like such a great kid! You must be so proud of him, especially, as you said, facing his battles and coming through stronger than ever! You've done a great job! :medal1:

And, most importantly, :birthday2: to C!!! Have a great weekend! And congrats on the license!!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Tesscorm, mine are almost 4 years apart and J declared herself C's 2nd Mom long ago and much to C's dismay. If I had a dime for everytime I heard "You're not my Mom you can't tell me what to do!" well, let's just say I'd never have another financial concern!!

They have become closer as they have gotten older especially in the last year since C got his dx. J is alot more patient with him and feels very protective of him.

With all that these kids go through I thought watching him drive on his own would be a piece of cake...ehhh not so much!

I know it all happens in the blink of an eye, Barney to college before you can take a breath! I have often said I wish they were closer in age but I've never looked at it as you described!! All of our kids are such troopers, they have shown strength beyond measure, we should all be proud!!

Tesscorm

Staff member
Totally off topic from C's birthday... but, had to pass these along...

Q: WHAT IS AN AUSTRALIAN KISS?
A:It's the same as a French kiss, but 'down under.'

Q: WHAT DO YOU DO WITH 365 USED CONDOMS?
A:Melt them down, make a tire, and call it a Goodyear.

Q: WHY WERE HURRICANES NORMALLY NAMED AFTER WOMEN?
A:Because when they come, they're wild and wet, and when they go, they take your house and car with them.

Q: WHY DO GIRLS RUB THEIR EYES WHEN THEY GET UP IN THE MORNING?
A:Because they don't have any balls to scratch...

Q: What is a man's Ultimate embarrassment?
A:Running into a wall with an erection and breaking his nose.

crohnsinct

NO WAY! I miss one day on the forum and C has a birthday and is driving!!!:eek:

Happy Belaed Birthday C!!!! Ugh! Can't get smileys to work on this darn laptop...at swim practice. Tell him I owe him a smiley!

crohnsinct

Oh and haha lesson to be learned girls...I had O 5 years after G and then T four years after O...my kids span 9 years...by the time T leaves me G will be back living with me...or O...I will never have an empty nest!!!!!

haha funny you should say that crohnsinct, as independent as his licence have made him C has always said he wasn't ever leaving home:eek:

When he was younger I thought this was so cute, now I'm a little worried:shifty-t:

crohnsinct

Holy Hormones Batman!!!!

O has been a complete wreck for the past two days...crying and fitting over the stupidest things...I am sure it is puberty rearing it's ugly head...think I just found another hidden blessing of the crohnsing days...DELYED PUBERTY!

Ahhh I remember those days with J, during travel ball season no less. Up at bat, strikes out is inconsolable, next at bet hits a double, angry it wasn't more. We lose a game she is upset we may not get to play out the tournament, win the next one she is mad we are going to be at the ball field all day!:hallo3: Ummm...who is this harmone monster and where did my little girl go!!!:eek:

Hope she's even keel soon!!:thumleft:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Holy haberdashery Clash!!!...

Happy 16th Birthday C!!!

And mega congrats on getting your licence!

Dusty.

I'll have to show your posts to C about his birthday, I told him yesterday we were all meeting in Chicago and he said well that's a little creepy a bunch of parents sitting around talking about their kids' poo!! :blush:

Thanks so much for all the birthday wishes! :D

Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!???????
:rof::rof::rof:

When I picture crohnsinct, that's how she looks. :eek2:

Where is crohnsinct????
Could it be she has a life outside of this forum????:confused2:

LMAO...I posted that one the other day...still makes me smile.
Wine is cheaper than therapy...don't judge ;)
(I'm with crohnsinct on this one)
And she's been away 5 hours...give a girl a break-she's sleeping off her last bender!

:eek2: A life without us? No way! :eek2: She's just keeping us in suspense!

Hey, I'm up for a glass of wine anytime. Couldn't watch an Alabama football game without one! In fact, I could really use one right now! Just finished watching about 10 high school bands perform and trying to keep the audience quiet. I've gotten lots of ugly looks tonight. I started out trying to nicely explain about being quiet and ended up :kissgrits:

:ylol::ylol: Very good quote! Was just thinking last night that it's probably a good thing I don't really drink at the moment (too many calories when trying to lose 3 stone)! The way things are going at the moment, I would be soaking up the wine.

Tesscorm

Staff member
My daughter was in a soccer tournament a couple of years ago, our field was directly behind a high school's football field and we were at that field ALL day... the high school band was practicing :eek: We (loudly) heard the same songs over and over and over and over...!!! :ybatty: I soooo could've used some wine that day! :lol:

At least it was different bands, not much song repetition. It was the "chaperoning" that wasn't so much fun. :ymad: People can be so rude. And after 5 hours on my feet, I was ready to teach them some manners! Our band, being the host, played last. So the natives were restless during our performance :(

Tess, you should come listen to practice at my house! When you hear only one instrument, you only get parts of the songs. I love the saxophone, but can be reminiscent of having an elephant trapped in the house!

I've never been in this thread before, thought it might be a good place to post: I'm bored! I've applied for 5 jobs this week (good for me as there isn't much around). Looks like I'm about to be the last one out of my uni friends to get a graduate job. SO fed up!!!

xX_LittleMisssValentin_Xx :)eek:That's a long name...How did ya choose that one??)

I feel for ya.
My lttle sis has a degree that only one other in our university has. Lots of hard work to finished. She now sits at a desk and rents out apartment.:yfaint: However she's just happy to have a job that pays good and we're all happy to have her and her little girl live by us.:thumleft:

I hope you have fun looking around this thread.
Just remember most of us parents were sleep deprived, stressed out and yes some of them were drinking and typing.:sign0085:

xX_LittleMissValentine_Xx I feel your pain, my daughter is in college now and feels so uncertain about her major. The things she is passionate about don't hold many prospects for jobs and she has already switched majors in an effort to be in a more employable field when she graduates, but she isn't happy. It is just such a sad economy for young people trying to get their foothold in a career! I hope something works out for you real soon!!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Well hello LMV!

I have been wondering how you have been getting on since graduating. :hug: I hope you find something soon hun. I will have everything crossed and will send loads and loads and loads of luck your way!...:goodluck:

:hang:

Dusty. xxx

DustyKat

Super Moderator
OMG! LMFAO!!!

Sitting listening to the radio and on comes an old Tony Orlando and Dawn song. Can you guess which one???...

Candida!!! :rof:

Perhaps this should be the first in a repertoire of IBD songs!

Dusty...

crohnsinct

I'mmmmmm Baaaaacccckkk! (read with Jack Nicholson voice from the Shining)

Sorry about the break...life got in the way and actually only on for a few minutes tonight. Maybe over the wekend I will get caught up.

JMK: love the pic but really girls when I drink my pole keeps me steady on the dance floor!!!

And btw I AM working on that Chicago trip!

:rof::rof::rof:

crohnsinct, Glad you're back, if only for a few minutes! I am glad that things are going well and you can be living fully!

I could use a glass myself after the day I have had. Thought I'd share with you ladies just in case anyone else had a crazy day! This is the story I posted on Facebook: (Sorry for the length, but it's a funny story!)

By now, most of my Facebook friends have seen my post about the cat. What a day! So for my Honest October (see my other posts), I want to share with you what I will call the Treed Cat Caper!

Yesterday, I heard a cat meowing all day, but could not find it. My neighbor Kathy came over and said that her cat had been missing for a few days and was up a tree in Gena's yard. We tried talking it down,
then Gena tried talking it down, then all of the kids tried talking it down. No luck! So we went to bed hoping it would find it's way down over night.

First thing this morning I received a text from Gena. The cat was still meowing in the tree. So off to school with Ryan who said he would not get anything done today for worrying about that cat in that tree! I reassured him it was coming down...now why did I do that? Because I'm a Mom obsessed with worrying about a flare! Set myself up, huh? Gena went for a run and I tried to do some work. We agreed to meet out there after her run. I met up with neighbor David and we stood there trying to think of a way to get it down. No ideas, so back in the house to work. While Gena was running, I decided to do some internet sleuthing on getting a cat down and posted on Facebook for ideas.

We might have been inclined to leave it alone to come down on its own except for the circling hawks. We were flapping our arms to shoo them away as they circled the tree. They could hear the cat and smell the tuna. We were not about to have a wildlife program about predator and prey going on in Gena's front yard. So let's just see....hmmm, food at the base of the tree....Gena and I put a can of tuna in a bowl. I threw a rope over a limb and we hoisted the food up into the tree. It got stuck on a small limb. Picture this....Gena got a ladder and went up to move the small limb keeping the bowl from moving. I am under her holding the ladder and she tilts the bowl. Bam! Now we are both covered in tuna standing under a tree talking to a cat and giving it climbing instructions! I HATE tuna! Now I have to say that the cat did come down about 10 feet for all the effort.

During all of this, my neighbor Kathy (who actually owns the cat) is calling tree services to get the cat down. Finally, she calls that Lee Montz is on his way to get the cat down (THANK YOU BARBARA)! So I go in to grab some lunch and one bite into my sandwich, he shows up. I don gloves and a pet carrier and we head across the street. 4 people on the ground directing and Lee in a bucket, the chase is on! The cat, not being a people person, dodges every effort to be rescued. Lee is probably sea-sick from moving around in that bucket, but he continues his pursuit. Up, down, all around...until finally the cat, who we have discovered can climb both UP AND DOWN just fine, jumps from the tree and runs like H*%@ for home.

So the cat is down, the tree guy's gone fishing and I am sitting here, smelling like tuna, telling you about the Treed Cat Caper! What a crazy day!

Thanks for the support guys! Its hard, just have to find a way to keep going and stay positive! To be honest I'm fairly happy staying in all day and working on my hobbies (knitting, crochet and music). If it wasn't for the worry of my bank balance and in the back of my mind knowing I want to use my degree.
Farmwife - I think I chose that name at about 17/18 and I had been on other forums with so many members that they all used to put characters around their names (these forums were mostly populated by teenage girls!). I thought that looked pretty! But yeah it is long, for the purpose of tagging I have LMV set as my nickname thing!!

And I love the story about the cat - glad he is ok, I love cats! :)

:rof::rof::rof: Oh my the "The Treed Cat Caper" has me in stitches!!! You should turn that into a childrens book!!! Ahhh...I have tears rolling from the laughter! :rof::rof::rof:

Candida!!! :rof:

Perhaps this should be the first in a repertoire of IBD songs!

Dusty...
Dusty

You can have Candida and NOT IBD ya know.:shifty-t:
(Leave me in my bubble:ymad:)

Oh so many song come to made.
How about that drinking song from a couple decades ago- Burning all the way down.:cool2:

I heard one on a commercial- I never wanted to be here.:sign0085:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Well hush my puppies and prune my magnolia's! Aren't I the muddled headed wombat! I never knew that Farmwife...:wink:

Dusty. :lol:

crohnsinct

Hi guys,

I know I said I was back but this personal trauma I am dealing with is taking a bit more of my attention and time than I had anticipated. I so desperately just want to spend a day in bed with my laptop getting caught up with you all but right now I am needed elsewhere.

I hope everyone is doing well and want you all to know that you are in my prayers and thoughts everyday even if I am not on here giving you a hard time and sharing my virtual drinks.

Hugs to you all until I can get back on!

Tesscorm

Staff member
Hey, you just take care of what you need to (hope it's nothing too serious!)! :ghug: We're certainly not going anywhere and will be saving the 'cheers' :cheerss: until your return! :D

Yeah what's a virtual glass of wine without you, crohnsinct, we'll just remain sober and responsible until you return!! :ylol2: Bahahaha...did I say that with a straight face?

I'll be praying for you to have strength through this trying time.:kiss:

Don't worry about getting away for awhile. I'll do my best to destroy :voodoo:your influence on this forum and slowly fill in your gap.:D
Evil master plan at work.:dance:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Oh my goodness crohnsinct...:hug:...I hope everything is okay and you are soon able to overcome the trauma you are facing.

Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way...:Karl:

Dusty. xxx

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Further to the mention of the beloved jelly babies in another thread...

Who loves the delectable chocolate flavoured chicos!...

Nom, nom, nom...:lol:

On a random note - I was woken up last night (or morning) at 4.15am by the doorbell. Thinking it was a drunk person got the wrong house or something, I carefully peeked out the window. Imagine my shock when I saw a police car sitting outside (no they hadn't come for me ;)). Popped downstairs half asleep and spoke to the policemen. Apparently they were looking for the son of the woman who sold us the house. I wonder what he has done! :eek2:

DustyKat, I'll keep my beloved jelly beans and gummy worms. :ymad:I LOVE the sour ones.:thumleft: Yummy. But I will take the choc chicos.:thumleft:

Sascot I'm sooooo glad every thing was OK. I remember a story of a cop going to a house to tell the lady her son was killed in a car accident. The neighbor lady rushes over as the cop is talking to lady, to comfort her best friend. This lady's son pulls up alive and well. The cop calls dispatch and relieves he got the wrong house. The the cop looks at the neighbor lady and say sorry maim I have some bad news. CAN YOU IMAGEN!!!:eek:

crohnsinct

OMG! That story is awful Farmwife!

I don't know what I would think if a police car pulled up at 4 in the morning...yikes! But I will tell y'all I also got woken up at around 3 or 4 by some horrid banging noise. I woke up looked out the back window and one of my neighbors was turning on all their outside lights. Then the brave thing was walking around. Now that I knew it wasn't a drunken stupor I thought it was safe to wake hubby and make him go downstairs and turn on our outside lights...still don't know what the noise was about.

Tesscorm

Staff member
Sascot... Wow, you've got me curious now!!! They wouldn't tell you what happened?

Farmwife... OMG, that is terrible!!! I can't believe police would make that mistake... I'm not sure I'd ever get over a mistake of being told news like that, and the poor neighbour:(!

I had a case of mistaken 'identity' once... I was in my early 20s and dating a guy called John Doe (he had a fairly common Portuguese surname and my maiden name was very common, the Portuguese equivalent to 'Smith'). One afternoon, while I was out, two very upset Portuguese women came to our house, a mother and daughter, asking to speak with me. As I was out, my mom asked them to come in and wait. While they were all waiting for me, the two women began crying and begging my mom to help them with their problem. They asked if I was dating John Doe, my mom said yes. They then explained that John Doe was the daughter's husband and that they had two young children. The daughter talked about her heartbreak, that she didn't want him to leave her and the children, etc., etc. I show up, clueless to what's going on, and find my mother and these two women bawling, and all three of them looking at me like I'm less than scum! :lol: My mother's saying that there's no way I could've have known and her eyes are pleading with me to say that this is, in fact, true! :ywow:... It took a while before the three of them could actually explain what they were talking about; apparently, the husband and mistress had the same names as my boyfriend and I! :eek: I don't they they were convinced until I showed them a picture of my John Doe. Naturally, they were very apologetic! :yfaint:

Last edited:

crohnsinct

O.K. yeah sure Tess..if that is the story you want us to stick to I will oblige! That bubble has been around longer than we thought!

Tesscorm

Staff member
Yes, my poor mom! :cry: She thought that I had been lied to by my boyfriend (although, I did sense a slight quiver of desperation as if she thought I 'may' have been capable of doing that! :lol:) But, OMG, amazing what problems mistaken identities can cause! :yfaint:

I have another funny/sad 'marriage' story... I live in my happy bubble but, all around, seems like bombs are going off! :lol:

When I was about 16 or 17, a friend worked at a gas station. She was away for a weekend and asked me to fill in for her. Saturday morning, this good looking blonde guy in a purple corvette (not an easily forgotten guy! :D) and pays for his gas on his Visa card. After he drove away, I realized I had run it through on a MasterCard slip. I panicked thinking that my friend would get in trouble because the station wouldn't be able to collect the payment, etc. so I looked his name up in the phone book.

His wife answered the phone and I explained what happened... She was very nice and said not to worry, she would send him back so I could rerun the card. She then asked when he'd been by and where the station was. When I told her, she asked me to describe him :eek:... apparently, he was supposed to be away on business for the weekend and NOT in the city! :eek: Not sure if he ever came back to rerun the charge!

NEVER lie, you will be caught! :ybatty:

Tesscorm

Staff member
:lol: to this day I feel bad abt the blonde guy and his wife! Especially as my friend later told me it any of the slips cud be used for any card so there hadn't even been a need for me to call! :eek:

Tess, Don't feel bad! You may have saved that woman from years of deception!:thumleft:

Poppet's Mom, you must have been watching Dumb and Dumber last night too!!!:roflanim:

While we're telling cop stories....last year I had a police officer show at my door looking for me. Apparently I had written a check for $1.39 in college that bounced....(many, many, many years ago) and he was there to let me know!:emot-cop: Really? Isn't gas like $3.60/gallon? What in the world? Boy, was that convenience store behind on it's billing!

crohnsinct

JMK Really?:rof::rof::rof:

Not much real crime in your area that the police have time to hunt that ridiculous claim down...oh yeah forgot you live in the bucolic country,

Tesscorm

Staff member
^^^ ditto to Crohnsinct's comments ^^^

I can't believe they 'came after you' for that! Are you sure you haven't been profiled on America's Most Wanted! :lol:

While we're telling cop stories....last year I had a police officer show at my door looking for me. Apparently I had written a check for $1.39 in college that bounced....(many, many, many years ago) and he was there to let me know!:emot-cop: Really? Isn't gas like $3.60/gallon? What in the world? Boy, was that convenience store behind on it's billing!

I think he just wanted your number!:tongue:

Crohnsinct, Yes we are in the country. Yee Haw! :kissgrits: But you know it's a college town and we do have a some crime (drunk and disorderly, hit and run, public nudity LOL...).

We did have a man take an automatic rifle into a bar and shoot 10 people about 2 months ago. Shocking in a country town. Everybody blames it on those crazy college kids!

So the cop could have found something better to do with his time, but what he did was nice actually. He saved me the embarrassment of being arrested over a buck! :eek2: :eek2: He said that if I had been pulled over, they would have arrested me. He even tried to pay it for me, but they wouldn't let him! It's the police station/court system that was being ridiculous.

Crohnsinct, Just come on down! We can go out and make SURE that we drink that bubble right back into place for good! :beerchug: You know I've got this friend...he's a :emot-cop: cop...he can get us out of trouble! :emot-dance::emot-dance:

:rof: As always - this thread cheers me right up!
Well everyone, I am off to Amsterdam for a short break (will be back on Friday, so no one panic)
I am going to have a little adventure and hopefully both the kids can have some fun and not think about being not well!!
Of course I just looked up the weather and it's raining there as well :ybatty:

crohnsinct

Aw Sascot! have a great time. I hope the kids are relatively well and can have some good fun times with their mamma! Can't promise things won'y disintegrate rapidly around here and I am not talking about our kiddo's health either.

::cheers: Yay for a break! Have a great time Sascot! At least the rain will give you an excuse to make the kiddos rest a little and maybe you can get some too!

We will try to keep the forum under control (Crohnsinct :ycool:)! I said TRY... OK, so maybe we'll just try to keep it to a minimum :headbang: :headbang:

Tesscorm

Staff member
Oh, lucky you, Sascot! "Just heading off to Amsterdam for a few days!" That sounds like so much fun! ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!! :D

Tesscorm

Staff member
Totally off topic anything we've discussed here... :)

Question for anyone??? maybe Dusty or Kimmidwife??? My doctor just called and said that I've got to take care of my fibroids 'now'- apparently, just dealing with the symptoms isn't going to cut it anymore :ymad: She said my hgb and ferritin can't stay at this level (hgb 83, ferritin 5). She thinks ablation (a minor surgery that she'd briefly mentioned last year) would resolve the problem and wants me to follow up with my gynecologist. Do you have any knowledge/experience with ablation? Is there much of a recovery? Would you have any concerns about doing it before our vacation (over New Years) or should I hold off until January? :)

I'm NOT Dusty or Kimmidwife but I has it done a year and a half ago.
The whole surgery lasted an hour. Recovery time was quick. One to two days IF that.
You just make sure to rest when you need to and take your pain meds to help.
However I still started 2 weeks later. Some women go years without out a period.
Many are drastically better. My next step is a hysterectomy but my OBGYN said I was a bit young for that so let's do this one first. Glad I did!!!! My life was given back to me during that time of the month.

Tesscorm

Staff member
My life was given back to me during that time of the month.
OMG, you understand! :worthy: It's been brutal at times! :lol:

Okay, so, if I can get it scheduled for November, shouldn't be a concern at all by Christmas! :)

But, really, you got your period back after two weeks! Ugghh :ymad: Is it, at least, much lighter?

Catherine

Can't comment on the op.

But hemoglobin and ferritin are way to low, there at the levels where iron influsion are considered. Those levels would most likely giving you symptoms.

Yes it is lighter and little to no pain. But I had to make the hard decision not to have more kids. I wanted a big family (4-8 kids). But the OBGYN said caring kids with these problems would be risky and we already lost twins when I was 6mo. pregnant. I didn't want to go through that again. So I a mommy to two beautiful kids and an involved aunt to 5 kids and have two in heaven.

Tesscorm

Staff member
:ghug: :ghug: Oh my gosh, Farmwife, I'm so sorry you had to make such a heartbreaking decision. :( And am so sorry about your twins! :( :ghug:

Catharine - yes, literally, since the nurse called with some 'urgency', I've been feeling very light headed! :ybatty: :lol:

But, seriously, in hindsight, I can see symptoms I hadn't associated with anaemia (dumb as I should certainly know the symptoms!). My muscles seem weak/fatigued and I'm short of breath with just a bit of exertion but I just thought I was out of shape and had to get to the gym more often. Two weeks ago, I went on a hike and was barely able to make it up a 'moderate' hill. That actually freaked me out a bit as I'd never felt like that! Could barely catch my breath and my heart was racing but, again, thought it was due to a combination of the tail end of fall allergies, that I was in even 'worst' shape than I'd thought and that I was still getting over a chest cold. But, really, it did seem to just feel 'wrong'. :eek:

crohnsinct

Yuck! Sorry to hear about the surgery Tess and that you have been suffering for so long. It never ceases to amaze me how a mother can put off her own health and endure such discomfort so she can take care of her kids. No experience her but good luck!

Farmwife:ghug::ghug:

Tesscorm

Staff member
You're so right, crohnsinct!

Funny... Friday evening, I was with my friend whose daughter also has crohns, she was telling me about her own health issues and I was saying 'are you nuts, get yourself to a doctor! :lol:

Our kids always come first! Even when it comes to cupcakes, eh! ;)

Catherine

Won't comment on the op itself.

But if the op fixes the anemia which it should, you should be feeling much better of Christmas.