• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi, new here

Hi, I'm Nancy, I've had Crohn's for 27 years now. I've had 1 resection in 2000 and 6 bowel obstructions. My Crohn's has been quite aggressive the last 5 years or so and it messed up my gallbladder, I had no idea this could happen. I ended up with Biliary Dyskinesia, I didn't have stones so all the scans looked normal and it was hard to diagnose. I had my gallbladder removed last year. Currently my Crohn's has been quite vindictive lately and I had 2 bowel obstructions in 2 months so I'm now on Prednisone along with the Humira I take every other week. I'm feeling super depressed and down today and hopeless thinking that I will never achieve remission, plus I'm looking very moon-faced and fat from the steroids so I'm pretty depressed today. Sorry, what a downer I am huh? :frown:

Trysha

Staff member
Hi Nancy
Sorry you are not feeling so well but you have quite a lot to contend with.
It is ok to feel down, we all do at times but the important thing is to find a way to come up again and you are doing the right thing in sharing your feelings with us.
Perhaps a change of drug might help-- how long have you been taking the Humra?
Remicade has been reported to be very helpful in these situations.
You will achieve remission --- sometimes it takes a little longer.
Fell better soon.
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

Thanks for responding Trysha, what happened was the Walgreen's Specialty Pharmacy screwed up my prescription back in May. I had been taking Humira for a whole year, no problems and the pharmacy would call me for a refill reminder. I didn't get a call so I called them, someone there told me that I called a retail store and it wasn't the right location which made no sense because I had been getting my prescrip from them for a whole year plus it was May, it wasn't like it was January and my insurance changed something. So my prescription hopped back and forth between FL and PA and no one would fill it or could tell me what was going on, so, I was a week late with my injection. I wanted to take the other injection the following week so as to keep the level in my blood stream up but Walgreen's told me my insurance wouldn't pay for the next refill as it would show up as being too early. Shortly after that I started having problems and I ignored it hoping things would clear up, I was in total denial cuz I didn't want to have a colonoscopy, I ended up having a bowel obstruction in June so I ended up with a huge hospital bill AND a colonoscopy-not a good choice on my part. Got home from the hospital and was due for my next shot, dropped it on the floor and it discharged, ended up getting another one from the Humira company but again was a week late. So, things haven't been going well. I had a colonoscopy and they dialated the scar tissue that was a bit narrow from my resection in 2000 and that angered my ileum so I ended up having another obstruction 4 days after that procedure! I'm on 20mg of pred and I drop down to 10 next week and if things are good after I drop down then all is well, if I go bad again, then I have to decide what route I want next. I'm hoping and praying that things get better and I don't have to go that route but today I have an appointment to decide what the next step will be if things don't get better. I don't know if any of you pray but if you do, please pray that I don't have to take any more drugs. Thanks <3 Nancy

Trysha

Staff member
Hi Nancy,
I am very sad for you and angry at a system that denies necessary drugs.Sometimes with biologics it is so important to keep up the dosing schedule and the missing dosage could have affected you.It may even be necesary to change to another drug.
Here's hoping things will improve for you.
You have my prayers that the outcome will be positive for you.
Please let us know how you get on.
Feel better soon
Hugs prayers and best wishes
Trysha

That is sooo frustrating to read about the insurance company!! I hope you start feeling better soon on the Prednisone, and manage to come down without any trouble. Please let us know how it goes with your appointment.

Last edited:

David

Co-Founder
Hi Nancy and welcome :)

Wow, what a terrible ordeal with your insurance and Walgreens. Stories like that make me so angry :mad:

I pray that everything gets better from here on out and wish you nothing but the best.

Nancy

I'm so sorry that happened to you. It makes me mad! I really hope things get better soon! We're here for you and I'm praying for you! :)