• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Honestly I don't even know

I've only posted a few times on here.. I meant to get more involved but life kinda got away from me.
I figured I could just post this and see if there is any help anyone can give.

So background, I have crown's since diagnosed in January. I am on asacol right now but my doctor wants to switch me to remicade since it seems it is not longer working. I was doing good but now my arthritis, psoriasis, and other goodies are back.
About a month ago I got abscesses in the anal area that cleared up when he gave me antibiotics (main reason he said we need to go to remicade).

Flash to now- On Saturday this lump started to form in the groin area. On the left side joint area, like where my leg meets my groin, where my undies rub. It kept getting bigger and bigger. It got to the size of a golf ball, got very hard, warm to touch, and red. My thigh ended up swelling as well and I could barely walk. Yesterday I took a hot bath and the lump started to form a sort of like head that looked like a blister. It honestly was growing right in front of my eyes. Like i could see it move. It then kinda popped. Like stuff started coming out.. and it didn't stop. it was coming out a lot a lot. It was white/yellow and then pure blood. I may have pushed it out some too.. :/

Now today, the lump is sooooo much smaller. but there are two weird blueish colored dots on it.. one is where it had popped. Its still red and hot. My thigh is still swollen and I am still in pain. But now my thigh is tingly and pain radiates down my leg. I've also had many bowl movements today. no blood. My stomach on the left side (where everything is happening) hurts too. not constantly but close.

I was just wondering... is this a abscess? my family says its just a boil. Dad says he used to get them all the time in the summer. I didn't think I could get abscesses in the groin area? any help would be wonderful.

You can get them anywhere on the body, and I would think an area that is in motion, rubbed, hot and sweaty is prime location. The fact that you are swollen, hot, in pain, tingly etc is a cause for concern. Infection is an issue. Go see a Dr or go to emerg. I hope you feel better soon.

this lump started to form in the groin area. On the left side joint area, like where my leg meets my groin, where my undies rub. It kept getting bigger and bigger. It got to the size of a golf ball, got very hard, warm to touch, and red. My thigh ended up swelling as well and I could barely walk. Yesterday I took a hot bath and the lump started to form a sort of like head that looked like a blister. It honestly was growing right in front of my eyes. Like i could see it move. It then kinda popped. Like stuff started coming out.. and it didn't stop. it was coming out a lot a lot. It was white/yellow and then pure blood. I may have pushed it out some too..
The same thing happened to me about 6 weeks ago. Very painful. I thought it was an ingrown hair or a pimple. Day after day I tried to pop it. Finally, one day when I was taking a hot shower, I was able to pop it. Same discharge as you - white/yellow with blood. Next day it was so much smaller, less painful and had a little scab where it had popped. Within 2 - 3 days it was gone.
I don't know what it was I am just glad that I no longer have it. Now, having said that, my leg didn't swell and hurt!! You really should go to the doctor. If it is infected you need to get it treated. Hopefully it is nothing too serious but don't take the chance. If mine hadn't popped when it did, I would have been off to the doctor the next day!
Good luck and keep us posted.

Go to the doctor. Your leg should not be swollen because of a pimple or boil.

If you are running a fever over 101 you should probably go to ER.

If you are on Remicade, go straight to ER with a fever over 100.5 and those symptoms.

I am with Patricia, see a doctor. It sounds infected and with Remicade that can be serious. I am on Humira (very similar) and have had it pounded into me that you can not take chances with fevers/infection. I have gone to the ER for it. I think the big fear is sepsis.

Get well soon!

Yes, definitely call doctor or go to ER! In the hospital right now for my 5th abscess in eight weeks... it's nothing to play around with. The infection can get serious very quickly.