• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dodgy dreams!

Hello folks
Just wondering if anyone ever dreams that their bag has come off in embarrassing situations. I have had an ileostomy for years but have just had a spate of this type of dream. Very real at the time, but sooo relieved when I wake up and everything is still attached - phew!

I don't, but before I had the the bag I used to have terrible nightmares about not being able to find a toilet, or the toilet being occupied or being absolutely filthy...

Hiya Susan
Yep - sounds familiar. I had all that prior to having a bag. But it wasn't a nightmare it was real! Got 'caught short' in a number of incredibly embarrassing situations. Hay ho!

Oh, yes, I had them in real life, too...and the bag falling off in embarrassing situations - the change room of a fairly exclusive dress shop was probably my worst.

Terriernut

I've had some awful dreams of blowouts at night time and me drowning in shit!

Horrible! Thankfully they are just dreams! We have to 'process' those fears of ours somehow??

Susan- I had that same dream ALL THE TIME! I looked up the meaning of this dream and found it can be either from a relationship you have not let go of or a secret you are hiding from a loved one. Once I found out the meaning, i quit having that dream.