• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New and Undiagnosed

Okay-here I go jumping in with both feet! So glad to find this site. Looking for advice and/or support as I try to muddle my way thru this illness/condition I seem to have. Started @ 9 months ago...thought it was the stomach flu-up all night w/ diarrhea & vomiting on & off for months. Some days are tolerable...others-miserably sick-sleepless from being in the bathroom all night...Finally saw Dr @ 5 months-Put on Bentyl & sched for Upper GI Consult. Saw upper GI-Scheduled for Endoscopy & Colonoscopy July 10Th,2012. The Procedure results only came up with Diverticulitis-Everything else came back "Clean". In for more blood tests.."everything fine" ...again.
Now scheduled for CT Scan of my belly next week...thru all of this I have lost 85 lbs(I have it to lose-so as happy as I am to shed those lbs-I AM NOT TRYING to lose weight-this is because of this illness), missed endless days at work-using up vacations days & on the verge of losing full time job due to illness, yet Dr's cannot help w/ diagnosis so I can at the very least get:
1.) Help
2.) FMLA Forms signed
3.) Possible disability Forms signed (so I don't end up homeless and ill).
I am 48 and a hard-working woman (w/ a 30+ year history of Endometriosis) trying to support my family and stay positive as I maneuver my way thru the maze of Medical tests and different Medical Care Providers (due to insurance- I use the Local Military Clinic/Hospital where you rarely see the same Doc. twice).

I hear I am NOT ALONE! I am grateful to find this site & look forward to learning & sharing.
Cheers & Here's to All of us trying to help each other!
lizziejo

David

Co-Founder
Hi lizziejo and welcome! I'm so sorry to hear you've been suffering so much, you poor thing :( Are they going to treat the diverticulitis? They don't feel that's the main issue and are concerned there may be more?

Have you tried any dietary changes?

Please keep us updated as to what they find with the CT scan.

We're here for you :)