• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Could it be remission?

Amazingly I've been symptom free for about 3 weeks now. No more cramping, gas, loose stool... I'm on Remicade, however, I started being symptom free BEFORE I started Remicade. My GI however wants to keep me on Remicade to keep me in remission.

OMG! I even ate CHILI last night and thought I'd be in for it the next day, but to my surprise, a normal bowel movement!! :ysmile:

The only changes I made before Remicade was probiotics, eating simply and staying away from spicy or gassy foods. I also started taking a vitamin supplement GNLD Stress Pack with lots of B vitamins in it.

Hey, i'm so happy for you. I'm also in remission and completely off medicine, which i decided by myself. I don't want to tell you to do the same, just let you know it's possible. Those medicines are to treat the symptoms, for me it makes no sense to take them, if there are no symptoms.

For me a multivitamin also really helped, vitamin B, D, E and also minerals like zinc and selenium are really good for the gut and the immune system. These are things that are supposed to be in food, but the soil isn't as healthy as it used to be, also you just can't be sure you get enough of it everyday. I'm also taking fish oil, which is very cheap and also beneficial i believe.

I'm now drinking a very watered down coffee (cold brewed) and hopefully I'll be fine! Haven't been able to drink coffee in months! I won't over do it, but a coffee once in a while is more like a comfort food than anything.

So nice to hear you're not having symptoms. Coffee will cause you to have crohns issues, even "Decaf" will cause problems with me so I rarely drink coffee. Better be safe than sorry. I also take a good multi-vitamin every day. I use "GNC ultra Mega Gold Multi ". a quality multi & not too pricey. I tried many different ones but this one actually helps with energy, it has digestive enzymes.

Avery- Yes, I can see that the coffee does pose a threat. It's the caffeine! I bought a cold brew coffee maker that cuts out 67% acidity, (they advertise it for IBD peeps and UC) but the caffeine will still get you to the bathroom quick. So I've been careful with it and maybe have a very weak cup every few days. Don't want to push it though...