• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Oldy but newy do you think this is Crohn's

Hi Everyone ,I am glad i found this great forum .I know some of you have very bad situations ,mine is nothing compared to some but i am quite worried about my own experience so far.I would like to know if any of you think this is Crohn's ,right now i am 99% thinking it is but i am only self diagnosed

I was constipated as a child ,had my kidneys checked once as a child because being a bit out of it tired etc but they were fine,As an adult constipation on and off ,done everything usual story..then around age 35 i figured i have Candida,took remedies which helped sometimes.

now in my mid 50s ,A year ago i had intense pain in right side but then it went and i remember saying to my self i better be careful,my grandma ended up with a colostomy bag,and i went on with my life and kind of forgot about that.

A few days ago i had a Attack ,what i thought was a kidney stone or gallbladder attack,same pain as i had a year ago but this time much longer and worse,first night 1 1/2 hrs intense pain and next night 3 hrs of same pain.This happened both times after eating ,first night spicy Thai food and wine,next night i thought it was over as i felt ok later so i ate some fried chicken left over.then another attack

The pain is on the lower right side both on the atack and days later it hurts and going into lower bum-back .

A few days before attack i was taking coconut oil and lemons separately for what i thought was Candida,apparently they use that to purge gallstones ,and first night of attack i felt what seems like small stones going to my groin ,so i figure that must be kidney stone.

as i never saw any kidney stone even though still could be inside ,looking further i find out that Gallbladder attacks have long lasting intense pain at night ,but my pain is lower right not upper right and my stool was very dark not light usually with GB so i think it must be crohns.
I have read once that there is a connection with Crohns and kidney stones.

I dont think it is appendix but just above the appendix is the large intestine and that has been swelling or inflamed now for a few days at least ,starting to ease off now i hope after taking crohn diet foods which are the opposite to gallbladder foods,i was taking fat free foods and it was not improving.

Also For the last 6 months stool gets blocked seems dry and constipated for a while then comes out in one go,the rest is not diarrhea but very soft compared ----it sure seems like a form of Crohns...sorry if this seems like a ramble which it is but i hope you get the idea.

One last kicker
i think there may be a connection to Crohns and Root Canals\i swear every time i get a root canal done i have bad ibs or Candida or something few weeks later .
There is a massive amount of bacteria still in the dead tooth and doing who knows what,i have had around 6 or 7 root canals in all.
I had a root canal done a few weeks ago and have been falling apart since

What do you guys and gals think,should on be on a Crohns disease program?
I think its probably my only option

hope it made some sense as my brain is still scambled from being out of it this last week.

Oh i have history of Ashma also
thanks
krys

Last edited:

David

Co-Founder
Hi krys and welcome.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time of it. A few questions:

1. Why did your grandmother end up with a colostomy bag? What did she have?
2. When you get the root canals done, do they give you antibiotics?
3. Have you been seen by a gastroenterologist (GI)? If so, have they performed a colonoscopy?

I wish you well!

Hi David,
Thanks for you reply

1. I think my grandmother had bowl cancer ,but i will have to find out for sure i was just a kid back then when she had it.

2. No they never gave any antibiotics for root canal.

3. No i have not seen a GI for colonoscopy but i did an alternative 3d body scan a few years ago,and i had similar ibs or candida symptoms back then but nothing very painful or attack like i recently had.

They did both the colon and body.They pump air in to colon,even though i took the preparation fluid they could not get clear pics of all of colon,Doc said i don't have polyps or anything like that but they could not see everything, the air they pumped in got stuck in was extremely painful and took at least 12 hrs to go.
hope that helps
Thanks much

Last edited:
Thank you very much,i am still trying to research

David yes my grandmother did have Crohn's disease and had an operation.i may find out more details later on that.
I suppose that would make it more possible that i could have it ?

the difference i have noticed with me i dont have any bad Diareah or any blood thank heavans,do you need to have those symtoms or do they come later or something

i do have inflamation and some pain in the lower right to mid right after a meal still
and very tired etc,so its possible it could be something mimicking crohns and wont know for sure then until i have tests done

David or Michael ,how much is the average cost for GI colonoscapy without insurance if you happen to know?
and do you think i would need other tests to confirm what it is,just trying to figure out how much it will all cost.

Thanks again

David

Co-Founder
Lakrys,

Be sure to tell your doctor that your grandmother had Crohn's. That significantly increases your chance of having Crohn's. :(

I don't know the average cost of colonoscopy without insurance, but mine was around $3,000 outpatient with general anesthesia.

The $3,000 mark is a good average number. I did find that once my GI expanded and started doing them at his own practice, the cost was lower.