• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Advanced Mucosal Flap/Recto Vaginal Fistula

Hi Everyone, long time since i have needed advise and sure enough here i am again! After a failed LIFT proceedure i am now left with a seton thru my rectovaginal fistula and one thru the failed incision site. We are now working towards doing the advanced mucosal flap and i cannot understand any research i have found on this topic. Has any one had one and also can someone please explain it to me in terms i will understand.
This whole fistula stuff sux, my first one closed but this one doesnt seem to go away even with biologics. Currently reloading on remicade and whilst it helps with the amount of times i go per day and slightly helps with the leaking, it just wont heal this fistula. I would love to have no only my vagina back but also to feel clean for once and not have to wear liners each day. Admittedly, i am coping much better both physically and emotionally, but it is still in your head 24/7. If anyone can give me some info on the flap surgery that would be great. Recovery time, how long off work, pain, how long sugery takes etc. I found the LIFT porceedure quite ok, only 1 week off work and minimal pain (but then again it didnt work!) Thanks