Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Microscopic Colitis » ME and the routine that seems to work for me

09-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
rollingrfarm

ME and the routine that seems to work for me

Its been 2 1/2 months since I went off the chloelestyramine that started making me sick after several years. Here's my daily routine that allows me to not live in the bathroom.

If I have to go to a meeting and make a long drive and not need a bathroom:
1. Immediately upon waking: gastrocrom, dicyclomine, Allegra, cimetdine, famotodine (OTC reg. dosage).
2. 9 am gastrocrom.
3. No food, no drink other than water before noon.
4. 1/2 hour before lunch gastrocrom, 150mg ranitidine.
5. Lunch of foods that are not acidic or spicy.
6. 1/2 hour before supper Zyrtec, gastrocrom 150 mg ranitidine.
7. Supper - just about anything I want. Right now the only trigger foods I am totally sure of is tomatoes and peppers and coffee.

If I am staying at home and will be near a potty if needed, I can have tea and honey and 1/2 and english muffin with whipped cream cheese 1 hour after first morning dose. If I eat or drink anything else for breakfast I will need to be able to find a bathroom at a moment's notice.

If I have to do field work and will not have any access to bathrooms til late afternoon , I take all my meds at proper times but drink only water and have 1 banana for lunch, and nothing else until supper at home.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Microscopic Colitis » ME and the routine that seems to work for me