• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finally dx'd 8/30/2010 had symptoms for 5 yrs.

Finally dx'd 8/30/2012 had symptoms for 5 yrs.

Hi all, I am new to this forum but I am so glad I found it. I have had health problems since birth. I had major health issues hit in 1999. Dr said it was ibs and needed to destress.

Surffered with, what know now was flares for several years. I also have Behcet's Disease. It is a inflammatory auto-immune disease that have similar symptoms as CD.

Been on remicade for almost a year for BD, but low dose every 8 weeks. I have D's upto 10 times a day for 6 years non-stop. 1st thought it was gallbladder, they took it out, no relief. Then they said it was because I have over-active thyroid, ablated about a year later, still no relief.

They found several rumors in a rare part of my brain (benign), that lead to 3 yr search then got BD dx. Other probs under control but still horrible stomache aches, chronic d, vomiting more now than when I was pregnant.

A few trips to the Er with bloody stools and bloody vomit they continued the search. GI did some kind of blood test last week and called me the other day to say CD is confirmed. Was gonna do pill endo if the blood work was normal.

My last few weeks have been the worst. I have a massive hemmy due to frequent trips to the bathroom. Had bout of Colitis, then told I have a major uti, when checking my kidneys they found I have a thick uterus ( pre-cancerous), then gyn told I also have several growths in my uterus.

So long story short every organ south of my belly button is inflamed and killing me. Been up all night in pain. Don't want to go to Er again been like every week for the past two months.

My main treatment is remicade. Now on run of prednisone. Use bentyl and lomotil for symptoms. Ultram for pain, it's a joke of pain pill in my book. I also take several vitamins b/c cause electrolytes are out of control. I am also on about 10 other meds for my other issues. Oh yeah I am also on omeprozole.

Sorry so long but that is the shortened version on my life.

Last edited:

David

Co-Founder
Behcet's Disease AND Crohn's disease? Yikes :(

Out of curiosity, is your ethnic makeup one where you or relatives came from one of the regions surrounding the old silk road since that's where Behcet's Disease is most prominent?

I'm so sorry you're suffering so much :(

*hugs*

@ David I am African American and from Ohio. I have never been to silk road area. I thinks why it took me almost 10 years to get a dx