• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remission but have symptoms?

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have had Crohn's disease for 11 years. Still struggle with it daily although my doctor states I am in remission even though there is still blood & mucus. Which my doc has no explaination. Does anyone else experience daily flu-like symptoms, fatigue, joint pain, sore throat & feverish? Sometimes it is all I can do to get up & go to work. My current meds are Cimzia injections once a month, Methotrexate for RA, or is the RA a part of the Crohn's? No one seems to know for sure. I also take Digex, muscle relaxers & migraine meds. Are these symptoms normal for a Crohn's patient? I get different answers from all my docs. Help!

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :) I have moved your post to it's own thread so more people can see it and respond.

When it comes to saying you are in remission what is your doc basing this on? They should be checking into this until they DO have an explanation for you. Some of what you are experiencing could be down to meds or down to the tum. Out of interest have you ever had any of your vitamin levels checked?

AB
xx

David

Co-Founder
You have blood in your stool but your doctor claims you are in remission? Unless you have hemorrhoids then there's a pretty darn good chance he's incorrect. What does he base your remission on if you're having such symptoms?

As for the fatigue, have you ever had your vitamin B12 levels tested? It's a common deficiency in people with Crohn's and can explain your fatigue and some of your other symptoms. With the joint pain, I'd also get your vitamin D levels tested.

We also have an arthritis forum that may help you answer some of your questions.

Again, welcome!