• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Please help me :'(

Oh I really don't know where else to turn... I'm so exhausted I can't even write my story ... Basically I've had Crohns (or at least diagnosed) for 6 years and surgery 3 years ago.

I'm seriously struggling with depression... I can't see a way out of it.. I'm having a relapse and I can't work, I've no money and no life, I don't know what to do :confused:

Hey Elle, Well of course you have a life or you wouldn't be telling your story. And don't worry so much about money, its the main cause of all problems, psycologically and physically. I'm in your boat too, no current job and little money, and really no life from day to day. Just hold on, things always get better

I know how you feel as well. I am not able to work I have been out for 4 years now. It took 3 years to get Approved for disability. Needless to saw trying to raise 2 kids on no income for 3 years was pure hell. Things have finally gotten a little better and I am sure things will get better for you as well.
Try to stay strong and keep your head up. You fund the right place to vent your frustrations and to get understanding ear.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me... I honestly feel like I've hit my rock bottom, my coping mechanism seems to have just ran away! I'm usually so positive and upbeat, I'm very active (I compete in toned figure bodybuilding), my partner is amazing he's so supportive, I'm just struggling daily to see the good in my current situation.

It's not like a logical or conscious thing... I KNOW I am lucky I'm not as sick as I used to be, I'm alive, I have a home, an amazing partner, it's almost like a reaction in my brain I can't control? :(

Elle - I have been there myself. I am fortunate to have a very supportive family, but they just don't understand and even though they are there, you feel so isolated and alone. Does the pit of despair sound familiar? Reach out to the CCFA (Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America). They have all sorts of support programs including financial assistance. I am currently on Remicade and I can't tell you how thankful I am for good health insurance...because it's EXPENSIVE!!! I don't know how people cope who do not have insurance. Please reach out to them adn see what they can do for you. They are a fantastic group!! The Remicade has been working so well for me that I am able to run again. I am training with Team Challenge and raising money for the CCFA to help Crohn's and Colitis patients like you (and me)!!

Do one thing everyday that you love: hold your partner's hand, or lay with your head in his lap. Sit on a bench and watch the sunset. Whatever makes you feel good. Slowly but surely, you will come out of it. We are here for you!!

Take care and be well!

I think everyone here who has this disease understands your exhaustion and frustration. The disease is as much an emotional blow as it is physical.

For me what works is thinking about the things I DO have. I have a healthy mind. I am pretty smart. I have a great wife and 4 wonderful kids. I have had 15 years of remission before the CD reasserted itself in my life. I bet you have a list of positive things too....

Is life perfect? No. Will ever be? Not as long as we are mortal and who knows after that. Someone once told me that everyone has "something" wrong with them. Maybe it's a bad back, my wife has a degenerative eye problem, my daughter has psoriasis. Some folks are diabetic... The bottom line is, we all have challenges. Those of us here happen to have Crohns as our challenge. It could be better, but try to remember, almost always, there is someone who has even more difficulties than you do. Money can definitely be a stress, but it sounds like you have a supportive partner.. maybe you can find some way of making income from home?

At least for me, it helps me from feeling sorry for myself and asking "why me?" So chin up! You are among friends and we all "get" it and have an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on if you need it.

Don't give in to the disease. Be "ElleMac who has Crohns" and not "Crohns who has ElleMac!"

Best wishes and I hope you feel better!