• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story - New to Forum

Hi All,

I am a 44 years of age and was diagnosed with Crohns approximately 10 years ago. Had surgery to remove 16cm of bowel ( right hemicolectomy) and since felt really good with only mild symptoms of the disease.

However, had what I believe to be an attack recently with severe cramping and D and have consulted my doctor who believes it may have been a gastro bug. Anyway i seem to be presenting other symptoms which leads me to believe I am about to have another attack. My face feels like it is burning and as a result I am developing acne like scars (without the presence of acne). Hoping to see my Gastroenterologist soon to discuss. Not sure if it is Crohns related or just an auto-immune skin issue...My general doctor has prescribed Doryx ( Doxycycline) to treat the skin condition. I have read that Doxycycline has been linked to the development of Crohns. Im confused..!!

Are there others out there who have a similar skin issue..?

David

Co-Founder
Hi John and welcome :)

I'm sorry you're having new symptoms. HOPEFULLY it's just some bug like your gastro suspects and not Crohn's starting to flare.

Regarding your skin, I'm not too sure. What I suggest is starting a thread in our skin forum with a descriptive title regarding what you're experiencing as that will attract more people to your thread. That way you might get some personal experiences from others.

I wish you all the best. Please keep us updated as to how you're doing.

Angrybird

Hello John and welome to the forum :)

I cannot help with the query about your skin but did just want to say 'hi' and I hope that your tum soon settles down - out of interest what meds (if any) have you been on since your op?

AB
Xx

Hi angrybird,

Thanks for the response. Had a right hemicolectomy about 10 years. On Imuran for a short period and prednisone as I require. Have used minimal meds to control crohns. Have tried to stay active physically and control the stress which has been my biggest challenge. Concerned though of a relapse.Will be seeing my Gastro soon for a check up.