• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New Here

Hi i'm new here and probably a bit nervous, i dont 'do' networking & stuff. Ross is the name, i have some form of ibs,amongst other things, cp being my main prob, but mainly how i found this forum was seeking advice re: Picolax. at around 10pm last night, 4 hours after taking 2nd sachet & yes drowning in fluids, it was not working like it should. Well guess who woke at 05.30 to a damp bed. Go on. 11hrs 30 mins that took. Is that a record ? or have i not read enough 'clear-out' posts yet. I tried everything to get things moving. Exercise, walking, eventually i went for hot chilli sauce slightly diluted in water ! at least it reminded me of real food. Right the wash mach needs sorting. see you good peeps later. GOOD LUCK ALL on yer tests. R.

Angrybird

Hi Ross,

I have moved your post to the main 'my story' forum so you can get more repsonses. I am sorry to hear that the Picolax decided to hit you in the middle of the night like that, I must admit that when I have had it is usually only takes a fews hours to kick in. Out of interest is this a prep for a colonoscopy? What symptoms have you been experiencing that led up to this?

AB
xx

Hey! I did the picolax clear-out (super fun times :p) and much like you, it took some time to "kick-in"... I had my colonoscopy in the afternoon, so had to take my 2nd sachet at 6am on the day of... I dont think anything really "hit" me until a few hours after the 2nd sachet. Perhaps everyone is a bit different?
Good luck!!

hey Ab, My scope was actually a yearly occurrence as i have a long family history of bowel cancer. Goes back generations, both sexes, lots of deaths.
heh-ho ! life goes on. Thanks for support though, i suppose thats what this is all about. Although i am the 'fraud' amongst you, not having Crohns, just a bit of i.b.s. My scope was an unmitigated disaster, as soon as it came on screen, i told him he may aswell quit. No way 2 packs were enough. He continued on though stubbornly, but with humour- i had them all laughing at some lewd comments that jst had to made. Cant remember or i would edit it.
2 different canulas, 2 different nurses screwed up, blood pooling on the floor, on my new jeans. How we laughed again ! Yes i am a bit weird like that. Knackered now, maybe report in tommorow. Good luck, b pain free. R

Angrybird

Sorry to hear about the comedy of errors you experienced yesterday hun. What symptoms do you get? How are you feeling at the moment (before the prep that is)?

Well IBD or IBS we will not kick you out the club. :welcome:

I am curious also about the fact that you were awake during your scope and what caused the blood leakage. I do not believe IBS cause bleeding.

Glad you were able to laugh at the mishaps but I might push for a new test since they prob missed some things since you were not all the way cleaned out.

I started a post on preps and how they worked you might want to take a look at that and try a new clean out next time.

http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=41177 :poo:

sorry to hear about the family history but glad they are checking you regularly for issues early.

HI, peeps, Have i not answered the symptoms question yet, sorry. They started with diarhoea and slight bloatiness, about 3 yrs ago. I had just been 'dried-out' in hospital, alcoholic for roughly 25 yrs. Long story, crap month, followed by by hell 2 yrs.And thats the the way they stuck, with the occasional Buscopan overdose inducing cramps(i did not actually o.d but you all know i`m sure, what i mean) So 10x2mg Loperamide tabs before in morning, 8XCREON 10000 Tabs,2xFerrous Fumerate,with evening meal(meant to with all meals, but i dont eat often) i enjoy my evening meals, i cook-em, i know what goes in, i can guess how long ....... and its pretty accurate. The Creon is brill stuff, it took 3-4 days to kick in, then was fine for a while but needed a boost, thats when the ferrous came in, wonderful concocotion. There are my Epilepsy meds too, along with all the various liver & pancreatic(creon) stuff, vits, painkillers, for chronic back pain,caused by Cerebral Palsy( i am extremly lucky, i know how bad that can be) blah,blah. Enough about me.
I NEED to what al you guys really go through, i can read all the lit i can lay my hands on, i will never know how this affects your day,your diet, family etc.
so how about it ? And im sorry for terrible grammar, incomplete thoughts, run-ons etc but thats my Scizencephaly ! GOTCHA i saved one.

To Earnellzwifey- how self depricating, i love it. The bleeding was caused by two nurses.
one trying to put a canula in back of hand & hashing it up ( it finally went in a much bigger vein in forearm-on my advice- perfectly. The second nurse snagged & pulled on the vein, trying to remove the plastic surround GENTLY !!! The real irony is, i never take the sedatives. I had Buscopan with me, so i could have taken it orrally. In my reply to A.B i ommited to mention the rectal bleeding that i was getting at the time. It was obviously more than just a veinous fissure or tear.i still v rarely get it, but most poeple will at some point. I hope this has cleared up the bleeding question. The scope doc is not recommending another scope yet,but may suggest a c.t. or m.r.i i have an ultrasound soon for Chronic Atrophy of Pancreas. That can be extended to bowel aswell.
I am not worried anyhow. He suggest i get test for a genetic cause (genius) Wishing you all well. F.B.N

FNB you are a brave one. I got for the knock out when ever possible. I think mainly because that is some of the best sleep for me. :luigi: