• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie here undiagnosed

Hi all, Tam Adelaide South Australia here. I am undiagnosed but I know I am not well & havnt been for a very long time.
I am 38yrs female, 20kgs more weight than I need.
as a child I was in hospital with whooping cough, then alot of bowel issues & not been able to poop..(so parents tell me)
the last 10yrs have had a bout/flare up about 12-18mths apart, had every test under the sun, ultra sounds, xrays, ct scans, laxatives, bloods..etc etc etc..only for he dr to assume I am constipated.
I have had a flare up his time for the past 3weeks, incredible pain all over stomach/cramps, severe ache in back right hand flank, backaches & neck aches, hot & cold flushes, hard & runny poos sometimes daily, sinus problems, very bad sleeping where I wake up with incredible gut pains. If I put pressure on my top tummy in the middle under my ribs its feels much more at ease..getting about 4hrs intereupted sleep each night. anus itching, tears, constant bleeding from hard poos then runny is usualy coated in blood also. joints swelling, specially the fingers feel tight and hard to bend..
I havnt been to the DR this time around because same thing everytime.."your constipated"..eat some greens & drink more water.
I have always had the worst smelling gas & toilets are soo smely I usualy use the shed toilet so I dont stink out the house..
anyone can help me with some idea of whats going on..its not nerves, maybe a stomch bug...I dont know anymore & sick of DR telling me im constipated..
thanks

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum, I am sorry to hear you are struggling so much at the moment :(

Just to confirm have you ever had a colonoscopy? What have the results been from the previous tests? I would say you need to be getting to a new doc and unfortunatly start from the beginning again with having this investigated. I think it is awful that your current docs are happy to keep just saying your constipated without tryng to find the underlying reason why. Perhaps they should not just be looking for an IBD but do a full check in case it is another potential auto immune problem that is giving you all of these symptoms.

We do also have an undiagnosed forum that is worth checking out as the folks here have a lot of helpful info and advice to give as well: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75.

Wishing you all the best and please keep us updated on how you are doing.

AB
xx

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome. I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time of it, that must be so frustrating :(

I agree with Angrybird. If you haven't had a colonoscopy, I think that would be the next test to push for.

All my best to you!