• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello From A Old Friend

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL
Hello Everyone ...

I am NOT what you might call new to the GROUP but I was here when it started way back when and it has grown a lot since I was here last & I am so happy to see that Mike has got lots of help & lots of members !!

Well, here is just a short update of who I am ? As I said I am KAREN and I was here long time ago so some of you might remember me while others I am new to you.

My husband of 30 years was told back in December 2005 that he has Crohn's & so it was like being hit with a brick. But, I am glad that he found out what was wrong because it was taking a TOLL on all of us. So, a lot has happened since that morning in 2005 & laying in the hospital.

Well, fast forward to today ... He is doing much better. In the beginning he lost a lot of weight and was really think he last 70+ pounds in just 3 months and since that time he has gained some back and doing much better. Each time that he saw the DOCTOR he told him he was doiing good. He has avoided the surgeries & as of JUNE 2008 he is MEDICATION FREE & is doing well and has had no real problems.

And, so things are getting back to NORMAL around here and he is finally found some BREAD that he can eat & so he does sometimes over due it but is doing well.

As for myself ... I am TYPE 2 DIABETIC & MEDICATION FREE as well so we are both trying to keep things under control !!

Other then that a lot has happend !!

* My daughter started COLLEGE 2 years ago and is doing well & has a boyfriend and they are coming up on 1 year being together.

* My #2 son ... moved out last summer & is own his own

* My oldest son got married this summer to a wonderful girl & they had been together for 7 years before they got married.

* Celebrated my 30th Wedding Anniversary in April this year and it was fun to get away.

* I am working part time from home and it is great to have a bit of extra spending money for me !!

* My daughter & I will be attending a KELLY & REBA concert here in about a week

KELLY & REBA

So it has been busy time for all of us ... So, if you remember me do come and say HELLO !!!

hi Karen.. i wasn't around back then, so i don't remember you.. so a big HELLO for the first time. good to read how well things are going, and i just love the teddy bears lol :) welcome back!