• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Awaiting diagnosis

I have sort of stumbled upon the possibility that I have Crohn's. I began seeing a Dr. Due to back pain. I've had an MRI, CT scan of abdomen, ultra scound of abdomen, HIDA scan of gallbladder. I'm seeing a veriety of Drs. So far what I know is that I have thickening of my uterus, possible adenomyosis. GYN appt 10/4. I have gallstones and/or polyps on my gallbladder. My family Dr sent me to GI due to these issues and due to a family history of Crohn's (maternal aunt) and bile duct cancer (mother). I will have a colonoscopy and endoscopy on 10/5. I began reading info about Crohn's and found that I have some symptoms including erythema nodosum (17 years) and episcleritis(3 years). I need suggestions for what to ask as well as what to tell the GI.

David

Co-Founder
Hi Jen and welcome :)

I'm sorry you're struggling with health problems, that's terrible :(

Frankly, everything you just told us is what you need to tell the GI. That you're already scheduled for an endoscopy and colonoscopy is a good sign and that should provide a lot of answers once the results come back.

Do you have any intestinal issues?

David

Co-Founder
Yeah, I'm glad you're getting those tests. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this :(

Please keep us updated as to how you're doing and what they find!