• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello

Hello all. i am a 15 year old
that was diagnosed with crohns 3 weeks ago. I came across this forum and honestly im a bit scared. Will this lower my life span? Anyway i will b seeing u around
Crohns been bit of a challenge bt im a fightrr

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

How are you feeling at the moment tummy wise? Have you been given any medications to take? I personally have not heard of the disease shortening our life span, in fact there are a few veterans of the disease here who have had it a long time. The key is to keep on top of things before you get into a full fledge flare up, anytime you are not feeling quite right, let your doc know so things can be managed quickly.

We do also have a teens section under our support forum that might like to check out as well so you can have a chat with others in your age group if you wish: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2.

AB
xx

SarahBear

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

It's definitely normal to be scared, but that's what this forum is here for! If you have any concerns or questions, you can bring them here for help and answers. I was diagnosed at sixteen, and had no real support system at home. I feel like this forum could have helped me tremendously.

I wouldn't worry about your lifespan. You should be fine in that department! Just make sure to stay on top of your treatment and communicate well with your doctor, so that your long life is as pain-free as possible.

As Angrybird asked, how are you feeling?