• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's in high school about 20 years ago. For the last 2 years this disease has over took my life. No matter what I eat or dont eat, no matter the medication I continue to remain out of remission. It has been 2 years since I can actually say I have felt okay. I get blood transfusions about every 2 months. I was on Remicade for about a year but now take Humira injections WEEKLY. I also am on Prednisone, Asacol HD, Iron, and B-12 injections. I can hardly leave the house because of the chronic diarrhea and pain. Need relief soon.

Hi Amy and welcome to the forum. I am sending you big hugs. That is terrible that you have been suffering for so long with no relief. I am new to the forum and I think you will find alot of support and information here.

Let us know how you are doing and if there is anything you would like to ask or know , please do so.

Robbin

I am sorry you have been suffering so long. I too have had a long fight and know how hard it is to have a life outside of the toilet.

Truth be told I'm in the br right now. I'm having muscle weakness and in the hospital. The foley help the pee but not da poo, so I am just sitting here. Lol

Enough of my vent have tried seeing a different GI to see if there might be a better group of meds that might help?

David

Co-Founder
Hi Amy and welcome.

Ugh, I'm sorry you've been having so much trouble :(

When is the last time they performed a colonoscopy or imagine studies to determine the extent of your disease? And what did they find? For example, do you have narrowing of your intestines?

All my best to you!