• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hey new member

Hey there, I'm Stewart a nearly 40 yr old Scottish guy who lives in Denmark. After suffering years with periods of stomach pain I was diagnosed with Crohns recently. I work within child care and this disease in the last year and a half has made my life very difficult with the fatigue that comes hand in hand. Since starting treatment I'm feeling even more tired and its a battle sometimes just to get through the day. Will I start to feel less tired when i've been weaned of Budesonid in 3 months?

Damn there's so much I could write just now as the more I read about crohns the more things pop into my head, but I'll just start with this and see how things turn out.:sign0085:

Angrybird

Hello Stewart and welcome to the forum :)

Is the Budesonide the only med you have been put on? How often are you seeing your doc? Are things starting to settle down at all tummy wise? With regards to the fatigue it could be down to the med, but it also may be the body has been going through a lot and needs time to recover. Another thing it may be worth asking your doc about is having your vitamin levels checked, people with crohn's can have deficiences in this area and that can contribute to how you are feeling.

There is a lot of helpful info and support here so do have a good look around.

AB
xx

Im bud 3mg 3 times a day for the next month, then down to 2 a day a month then one a day for a month then stop. Also started on aza 50mgs 4 times a day. Also take pantoprozal for a problem in my upper stomach. Calcium and vitamin d supplements twice a day. Have to have blood tests once a week for the next month.

Plus a bone scan in two months. Kinda freaked out at taking 11 pills a day all of a sudden. Don't think theres much difference tbh. Im also really worried about starting a new job on Monday after a period doing a state subsidised job. So maybe the stress is.making my stomach flare up. Posted late at night from my android. Sorry for errors

Angrybird

It could be stress that is still keeping the tum a bit unsettled, keep an eye on this and let your doc know if it continues, they may just need to fiddle with the Budesonide dose whilst you wait for the Aza to fully kick in which can take up to 12 weeks.

David

Co-Founder
Hey Stewart and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having troubles. I think it's understandable to be feeling a bit anxious with everything that's going on :(

Hopefully once you're off the budesonide you won't be so tired. But like Angrybird, I wonder about your vitamin/mineral levels. Have they tested your vitamin B12 and magnesium levels?

All my best to you!

Hey Stewart and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having troubles. I think it's understandable to be feeling a bit anxious with everything that's going on :(

Hopefully once you're off the budesonide you won't be so tired. But like Angrybird, I wonder about your vitamin/mineral levels. Have they tested your vitamin B12 and magnesium levels?

All my best to you!
David, I have to have blood tests, once a week for a month, first blood test was last Wednesday, will be going again in 2 days. So I guess b12 and magnesium must be among the things they're looking at. I don't know how it works in other countries but it's taken nearly 2 years to get a diagnose and it's been a long hard journey.

David

Co-Founder
Double check with your doctors that you are being tested for those. They're usually NOT included in routine blood tests.

Some people get diagnosed quickly, unfortunately, for many it's quite a journey :( It's terrible you had to go through all those hoops.