• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New symptoms / dilemma

I introduce myself last week, saying that I am test for crohns next Thursday via conlooscpy, I have had various symptoms as I have described, but this one is new, and I have no idea what to do. I exp from time to time bout of diarrhea, to normally, to constipated bm, which last a day a most, diarrhoea maybe two. Now last week I kept getting slight pains in my abdomen area last a split sec the go away, I throught nothing of it, I knew my stomach did not feel right; but I ignored it.I carry on having normall bm until Monday, then Tuesday, wednesday, and today I seem I can't go, and if I do little to nothing. My constipation has never lasted this long, and I keep getting the little tweaks of pain in the abonmen, now I don't know if the pain is through strains or not. I am concerned because my diet is quit good, plenty fruit veg, ect so I shouldn't have a problem. I took a laxative yesterday " stool softener" yet nothing. I really don't know what to do my stomach keeps making noises which I understand to be a good sign, so no block, also I am not bloated, either which I understand in anthouter sign of block. Should I ring my g.i and explain the situation or wait another day, has this happend to anyone before?

Well a stool softener will not make you go, it is not a laxative really, it just adds a bit of moisture to the stool, thats all. How many days has it been since you went???

I also am still going through the realm of testing to try and find out what is wrong with me. I also get that where I go everyday and then out of nowhere I cant go but it kind of feels like I gotta go, but would have to push a lot of even get anything out. I also have those random sharp pains as well at times. I also get nervous if I do not go for more than a day or two. I asked my gastro doc about it, I mean when I should worry that I have not went. He said the rule of thumb is like 5 days. But he said he has patients ( IBS patients) who will only go once every two weeks!! I myself would be gorging on every laxative on the market if I did not go within 4 days, but that is me. I feel so awful I I do not go for a couple days.

If your pain gets really bad or worsens, then I would definitely call the GI doc and let him know. Have you tried prune juice by chance? I know it is not the best tasting, but it can be beneficial. Juts be careful not to go overboard with it. I made that mistake once. I drank a 10 ounce glass and since nothing happened that first hour, I figured it was not working and that I needed more. Well, lets just say 5 hours later, the flood gates opened! Hope you feel better soon....

Been 3 day, well including today. The pains come and go, they seem to last a sec and go so not fussed, I can cope with that. I tried prunes, can't get the juice, ain't helped so far, but I will see what happens. Thanks for the advice, so I probs panic after 5 days, but that will be near my colposcopy, date so I will be on the industrial cleaner they given me to prep. If that dont help my stomach, the I have a bigger probs than I thought.

P.s hope you get some ans soon as well sounds like ur as confused as me ATM.