Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Cimzia/Certolizumab » Starting Cimzia Question

10-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
Dukeis
Dynastic Overlord

My Support Groups:
Starting Cimzia Question

I'm wondering if anyone here has failed Remicade & Humira. Then started Cimzia and it be successful? I'm on Humira and it doesn't seem to be helping. My doctor has said in the past he may switch to Cimzia so this is why I'm asking. Also does anyone know if Cimzia has an assistance program to help defer the high cost? Thanks
10-19-2012, 03:33 AM   #2
Jennifer
Adminstrator

No harm in contacting the company and asking. I'm not sure. I've heard of people going from Remicade and Humira onto Cimzia and 6MP etc and don't hear too many stories about nothing working at all (sometimes but really not often). I hope it works for you and that you'll go into remission soon! Keep us posted.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel (endometriosis), Tylenol 3 (Osteoarthritis), Zantac 150mg 2/day (acid reflux), Klonopin 1mg (Panic Disorder), Imitrex 25mg (migraines), Zofran 8mg (nausea)
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 19 years and counting.
10-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
Chelsey79

My Support Groups:
I am switching to cimzia also and my dr said there is a copy assist program for cimzia as well. Not sure how to get in touch with them try their website!
10-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
Jer
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
After Remicade stopped working, I went to Humira and had a bad reaction to it, so I switched to Cimzia.

It hasn't been too long, but it's certainly not working nearly as good as Remicade did........when it worked.
04-27-2014, 10:30 PM   #5
lblair

My Support Groups:
I have failed both and Imuran I had surgery almost 5 weeks ago I had a bowel resection they took 26 inches of the small bowel!! I have had 2 flares and currently in a flare looking forward to starting Cimzia on May 7th!!! Praying that it works for me and works fast!!!!!

Current Meds:
Randitine 150 mg twice a day!!!!
Effexor 37.5mg 2 tabs everyday
Cymbalta 60mg everyday
HZTC 25mg/12.5mg-high blood pressure
Glipizide 5mg before breakfast and dinner
Calcium-
Vitamin
Vitamin D
Gabapetin-300mg three times a day!!!
Fish oil

Meds that have not worked:
Humara
Prozac
Encort
Imura
Remicade
methotraxe

Bowel resection on 3/24/2014
04-29-2014, 11:48 PM   #6
4peace

My Support Groups:
I'm on Cimzia. On it for 2 years, started with shots once a month moved to every 3 weeks and now every 3weeks plus Aza which is not working so may go to shots every 2 weeks or switch to Remi. It did help for 18monthsmor so but loses efficacy in some people. They have a co-pay assistance. My Dr gave me the co pay card, which you call and register it with your insurance info but just in case......it is called Cimplicity Program/Cimzia co-pay savings card. The phone number is 1-866-424-6942. Their claims number is 1-877-705-4119 and finally, billing is 1-800-697-7089. You can also go to their website to request a co pay card. Hope this helped!!!!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Cimzia/Certolizumab » Starting Cimzia Question