• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello

A forum for Crohns - hmm; hi everyone!

I was diagnosed with Crohns back in '83-'84 after having a bought of something miserable(about 2 years). That was overturned numerous times, then the overturn was overturned many times since; still no solid answers.

Just recently, my love decided to do a bunch of research and we have been trying to get me "healthy". She wants me to find a doctor; but, after all this time and so many bad experiences with doctors; I'm not a trusting person when it comes to doctors. Not to mention the costs are way beyond my means.

Anyway, if you don't mind I'll lurk around your forum a while and hopefully pick up some good hints and make a couple friends.

see you in the forums

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Why was the crohn's diagnosis overturned? Were you given any meds previously and if so did they help? What symptoms do you have? When was the last time you saw a doc about this?

AB
xx

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community :) I'm glad you joined!

You're certainly welcome to lurk all you want. And by all means, ask as many questions as you want as well. We're happy to help in any way we can.

All my best to you.

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Why was the crohn's diagnosis overturned? Were you given any meds previously and if so did they help? What symptoms do you have? When was the last time you saw a doc about this?
Why it was overturned, I have no idea. Maybe because, after they told me there was nothing they could do about it, then I found out that Crohns could actually kill a person if not treated, I threw a fit.

The last I saw a doctor was in 2005.c after they gave up overturning diagnosis or diagnosing anything and decided to experiment with drugs. When one of the drugs caused some pretty-serious confusion I decided, I prefer to keep my mind intact by not taking their drugs. And, since our local VA has been in the news the last few years for handing out cases of hepatitis because of shady medical practices, I figure I'll just have to live with the intestinal problems.

Symptoms: severe constipation over an extended period of time (about a year and a half), blood and mucus in stool, fatigue, weight loss; thats how it started. Now; it is swinging back and forth from constipation to diarrhea, all foods irritates the tract, some not as bad as others, bloating, fatigue, memory issues(not severe), can actually feel intestines (like a bulge in different areas- fluctuates) can be a little sensitive to touch, numbness in different areas of my body(which, doc says it doesn't make sense). Weight issues still there- in fact I've dropped below what I always pictured as too low(104 [5'7", mid fifties, male])- haven't been able to get it to increase in the last month.

the only meds I use is metimucil and vit A&D

Angrybird

Is there anyway you could get to see a new doc now? So much could have changed since 2005 so up to date testing really needs to be done (including a full vitamin level check) and then a proper course of treatment needs to be given. Can your recall what was tried previously med wise?

I don't remember what the meds were. The doctor did say it was the current med for treating crohns. Go to a doc- can't even begin to afford such luxuries.