• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie diagnosed with Crohn disease a few months ago.

Hi everyone, :sign0144:

I am 59 years old, live in Quebec city, Canada, therefore my mother tongue is french.
I was diagnosticated with Crohn disease in July 2012 and since then, I have been hospitalised twice. First, I was on Imurant and prednisone for three months. It had no effect and I was getting worse.
Since three weeks, I am now on Humira and Imurant. According to the doctor, it seem that the 2 work better together.
Since taking Humira, I feel a lot better.
Between June and september, I lost about 40 Lbs.

I have never been sick in my life, and always ate anything without problem.
Now that I feel better than I was a few weeks ago, I am trying to figure out what to eat. As I never worry about that before, now I find it hard to change my eating habit. But no choice ;-)

I would not say that I am in perfect condition with Humira, but since I was so sick before, it seem like day and night. This friday I will start with on injection per two week, I will see if Humira will continue its effect.

Last edited:

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I am pleased to hear the Humira is starting to improve things for you after such a tough time, what symptoms do you continue to get and are you still seeing your GI regularly? We do have a sub forum for this med that is certainly worth checking out if you would like to chat with others who are on this: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59.

With regards to diet everyone is different with what triggers a grumpy tum, we do have a diet and sups forum that is worth having a look at to get further info in this area as well: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17.

Wishing you all the best.

AB
xx

Thanks Angrybird,

I am new on this forum, and there is quite a lot to check and read.

I will look at these thread.

For two days I had bad constipation. But now it is OK. Must have something I ate or I overdone it (stress) the day before. I am just getting some strenght back after the three month of ordeal with the sickness.

Hi and welcome. Glad to hear you are having some success in treatment. It sucks to feel ill. I remember the first week I started feeling well and it was fabulous, I hope every day gets better for you. The links AB suggested will help a lot.

Angrybird

Just keep and eye on things like this and if it continues to happen just let your GI doc/IBD nurse know. Perhaps look into keeping a food diary so you can see if certain foods trigger problems.