• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi Everyone!

Hey everyone!! Im super new to this site and I love meeting people and chatting about this as I have no one in my immediate life that suffers from Crohn's Disease its hard to find people who understand. I am a college student I am 21 now and I was diagnosed when I was 19 with Crohn's Disease and gluten sensitivity. Its been about a 2 year battle on and off treatments, several colonoscopies and other invasive uncomfortable tests, doctors appointments, losing weight then gaining it all back from prednisone, and overall just feeling TERRIBLE! The longest remission I had might have been for a couple weeks but it always came back!!! I was lost in need of something, anything, to get me out of this rut! It wasn't until I found Shakeology that things started to change.. I have been in remission for the longest in 2 years (2 months now!! and still going!!) and I feel so great its as if this disease doesn't affect me anymore...

I just want to tell everyone in the Crohn's community about it because I feel like it totally changed and revolutionized everything for me.. I am going to see my doctor in December and he encouraged me to try it when I asked him about it just to see what it does and it changed everything. I stopped taking my medicine which used to be 4 pills a day down to 1 and I am still feeling GREAT!!! It has changed everything!!!!

If you have ANY questions I will gladly tell you about my personal use! I've never been happier I swear by this product!!

Last edited by a moderator:

SarahBear

Hi, welcome to the forum!

It can be difficult to find people you can relate to and who understand, but you've found us now! :)

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well! What medication are you taking, and what ones did you stop?

Could you give us a general idea of what Shakeology is? I'm sorry, I've never heard of it.

I was on prednisone for a long time and after my latest colonoscopy I had to do regular enemas and I am on lialda as my maintenance medicine. I was originally taking 4 per day regardless of if I was in a flare or not. My next step was going to be humira unless I got it under control and I did by the shakeology. It's all about digestive and metabolic health, a lot of probiotics all natural basically filling the holes in my diet that I didn't get when I was too sick to eat. It started off filling in the holes of my diet just enough to give me more energy which was the initial stepping stone to getting back in to a more regular life. When I had more energy I felt better and slowly worked my way out of the flare up and has kept it away and given me enough energy to start eating regularly again and even work out again!! It's been almost 2 months and this is the longest I've been in remission for 2 years.. I'm not super familiar with all of the scientific ingredients and what not but look up shakeology there are so many people with IBD who have been helped and put in to remission it's amazing. I told my doctor about it and he is happy I've found something that works and to get off of my enemas and take my lialda 1 or 2 times a day as I see fit. I've never felt better even before I was diagnosed.

If there are any personal questions about it or if you're interested feel free to email me : lehinger@indiana.edu

Last edited by a moderator: