• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Tell a little about myself

For those who don't know my story.I am a mother of a son with full blown crohn’s , my son got sick while in college in 2006 that is when his Crohn's started in his stomach it then travel to his intestine and rectum. His doctor then drains us of all our money and didn't want to believe his Crohn’s was as bad as it was. He made my son out to be a ginny pig and stop seeing us. So all this time my son wasn't on any medication of any kind. That was how the doctor felt. So from 2008 to 2011 my son Crohn's was mismanaged by not having any meds. It got so bad that he told me he just wanted to die. I then rush him back to the same doctor ( I didn't know any better then) and I told he that he had to do something and if he didn't know the refer us to someone who would know how to deal with this kind of illness. The Doctor Laughed at me. I thought I would go crazy but i didn't I said to him, while my son was lying in front of him. I felt that this is not funny, I told him my son wants to die because he doesn't understand why this is happening to him. he then told us about Remicade, can you believe this, only because I politely told him off, we get some kind of response. To make a long story short, that is when i found the forum one year ago and that night and vowel that I don't want anyone else to go through what me and my family went through hospital ,doctors bill and no help. My son was 19yrs in 2006 and next week he is 25 and doing much better now because of being on remicade since Dec of 2011, He is not in remission yet, but we are working on it.