• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello fellow IBD'ers

Hi there, im new to this forum so i will give you all a quick run down of myself.

My name is Nicky, im a 27 year old guy from Glasgow.
I was diagnosed with IBD about 6 years ago. They dont know if its UC or Crohns so they just call it proctitis.

When i was first diagnosed i had lost 28 pounds in weight and the inflammation was very severe. Im only told now that i was a whisker away from a complete removal of my bowel. But thankfully my body made an epic recovery thanks to prednisone and asacol.

I slowley put the weight back on, and was going to the toilet fewer times and after 6 months off work to recover i was back!!

Although im not 100%, i have narrowing of the rectum/little scar tissue and small bits of mild inflammation dotted about near the tail end.

Im currently on azathioprine/colazide and just started taking predfoam enema.

My bowels move approx once or twice daily (maybe 5 or 6 at the weekend due to alcohol)

It has changed my life but not in any dramatic way. I still go out every weekend and have drinks, i still eat what i want and i still have a full time job.

Thanks for reading

Nicky :ycool:

David

Co-Founder
Hey Nicky and welcome to the community :) Thanks for joining and sharing your story!

I'm glad that you're doing pretty well though I wish you were in deep remission :( What dose of azathioprine are you on? Do you have any other symptoms?

See you around!

Angrybird

Hello Nicky and welcome to the forum :)

I was also wondering what dose of the Aza you are on and how regularly you are seeing your doc about things? Also have they done any type of procedure to widen the narrowing you have at all?

AB
xx

Hi. thanks for your replies
Im on 3 azothiprine tablets a day. i think thats either 75 or 150mgs. i cant remember if they are 25 or 50 mg tablets. i keep them in work so i will tell you tommorow lol i know i should know this :p

AB - ive had a few colonoscopys and the second last one i had my consultant told me that the narrowing was pretty bad due to scar tissue and mentioned that the likelyhood was that i would need to get my bowel removed. I refused to accept this so i just upped my fiber laxitive and started skooshing predfoam up my bum and things started to improve. so the next colonoscopy showed a significant reduction of inflamation in my rectum. So im glad i didnt listen to him. I dont get as much constipation as i used to but dont pass solid stool which i prefer.

David - The symptoms i have is a bit of fatigue now and again, constipation sometimes, some blood now and again and straining when doing the toilet. My symptoms get worse after a night out lol

Nicky

Astra

Hiya Nicky
and welcome

Fab to have you with us!
I feel worse after a night out too, all self inflicted!
Lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Hello Joan
thanks

yeah all self inflicted. im usually fine for going back to work on the monday but i tend to take 2 days to get over a night out... wont stop me tho ;) x

your so lucky being able to drink, if i take one sip im sick, just something that interefere with me i guess x

I probably shouldnt drink alot but if i didnt go out at the weekend i wouldnt have much of a life. would be working then being a hermit at the weekend!

cider doesnt agree with me tho... seriousley bad!

Nicky x

lol well have you tried?? I know plenty of people with out condition that still go out for a night out. One thing id never let this disease do is stop me having a social life and having fun