• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello everyone,
I have been diagnosed with Crohn's at age 68 though I think I have had it for quite a long time. I went to the emergency room for a partial blockage and that's what triggered the initial diagnosis. I am looking for advice on lots of medical conditions that I believe are related to Crohn's. My GP says my condition is mild. I'm on 800mg asacol twice a day and only now realizing many of my previous medical problems are and were related to Crohn's. I look forward to participating.
Whit

Angrybird

Hello Whit and welcome to the forum :)

How are things now with the tum, is it settled? If you don't mind me asking what other conditions have you had/still have that you think may be related to the crohn's?

AB
xx

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum, Whit!

I'm sorry to hear you've been having problems, but definitely glad your Crohn's is classified as mild!

I'm also wondering what other conditions you have, if you don't mind sharing. A lot of forum members have multiple medical conditions, and sorting them out and dealing with so much at once can definitely be tricky.

Wishing you the best!

Angrybird & SarahBear,
I have arthritis in my ankles and elbows that may be related to Crohns and mainly lower back disc problems. One disc is prolapsed and in the fourth lumbar region and another is beginning to herniate. Crohn's? Who knows.
Most interesting was how long it took (Almost fifty years) to figure out why I was having intestinal issues.
Whit

Angrybird

I take it you see a rheumatologist for the arthritis? I have seen here before that both this and something like crohn's can go hand in hand. Have you ever had a bone density scan? Have you been given meds for the arthritis?

I have had x-rays of my ankles and elbows and hands and wrists and all showed "typical" signs of arthritis for a man my age. This was before the Crohn's diagnosis. The disc problems in my back have been MRI'd but until this year I just figure old age was creeping up on me, which it is. Anyway I've seen orthopedists, sports doctors etc etc, but never a rheumatologist. How would they fill in the gaps?
Whit