• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story

My Story: Crohns Disease

in 2008 June undergone surgery for Anal Fissures
Later on Anti-Biotics and Developed diarrhea and lost 36 kilos of weight,Stool 20-26 times a day.

On loperamide until i got diagonised with Crohns.

In Jan 2009 i admitted in hospital and undergone various tests to confirm the disease.
1)BMFT
2)Endo Scopy
3)CT-SCAN
4) Colonoscopy
5)Color dopler test
6)Ultra sound
7) MRI scan
8)X-RAY

Doctors confirmed its Crohns and I am not responding to medicine and they infused Remicade Infliximab 300mg 1-2-6 weeks and I responded well and showed up good progress in weight gain from 50kgs to 76kgs in just 2 months.

Additional Medicines:
Azathioprine -50mg
5-aminosalicylic acid 800mg- 3 times a day
Fish cod liver oild capsules
Multi vitamin
Calcium and Iron
D- Vitamin
WYSOLONE(prednisolone)

and I lost weight again and symptoms started building in sep 2009 and Medication changed

Azathioprine -50mg
Multi vitamin
Pentasa
BUDEZ-CR(budesonide)

Was good for few months and got admitted in Hospital in July 2010 and Taken Remicade Infliximab 300mg 1-2-6 weeks.

Was Good for few months and got admitted in Hospital in May 2011 and Doctor adviced to be on Maintanance with Infliximab 300mg on every 8 weeks and Undergone colonoscopy and found huge finger like ulcerations in entire colon.

In July 2011 Developed Anal Fistulae.

In Sep 2011 got operated for Anal Fistulae and Drained all the pus and placed a seton to drain the pus. Weight 53kgs

Colonoscopy July 2012 and noticed 60% of Ulcerations healed and one side of the colon is good and found Ulcerations on left side of the colon track and rectum spared and ulceration found deep inside. No Abdominal Pain since March 2012 and Showing good response and able to go out for trips and stool frequency 3-4 times a day.

Fistulae not healed and it opened outside the skin and got operated Nov 2012 and Weight 63kgs.

Last week taken Remicade Infliximab 300mg and will push the maintanance from 8 to10 weeks.

My salary paying for my medicine and The insurence companies are useless in India.
Surgeries are Insured :) But my medicine costing 2000USD(1.2 Lakhs) for every 2 months.
- Reach me for any questions regarding the Crohns Disease
sureshbollina@gmail.com
- Suresh Bollina

Hello Suresh, I does sound like you have had quite a difficult Crohns road. It sounds like you are feeling better these days, although the cost of all the meds is a big bummer. I hope that you continue to feel well.

Just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the forum.
Lisa

Welcome to the forum! As tough as you've had it, and major sympathies by the way, how lucky that you're able to afford such an astounding cost for your medication even though it's terrible that you have to cover it yourself.