• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Knee Pain, fluid on knee, what next???

Currently I am in limbo land waiting on a dx. I have had just about every stomach test there is, was scheduled for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning but had to reschedule.

For the past two weeks I have had something new crop up and I am unsure whether it is related to the stomach issues. My knees hurt and feel very stiff. It hurts to bend my legs, it hurts when I stand up, when I sit down, when I climb into the bed. My left knee cap is swollen with a pocket of fluid on it. I have not done anything to injure my knees in any way. I am not sure what this is. I am going to call my Internist tomorrow and see if I can get in to find out what is going on.

Has anyone else here had their knees do this? Was it related to IBD? Thanks in advance! I feel like I am grasping at straws. I do not want to make a mountain out of a molehill but at the same time I do not want to over look anything that might somehow be related one to the other. Hope that makes sense.

Sorry to hear about your aches. Hope you get a diagnosis soon so that you can be on the road to recovery. :hang:
While I don't suffer from joint pain in connection to IBD, there definitely is a connection between the two and many IBDers have joint pain while in a flare. It would be a good idea to mention it to your doctor.

My knees definitely bother me, related to Crohns. There are many medications that can help with the Crohns and related arthritis. So much more if out there now than in the past. You will feel better.

i had awful knee pain and stiffness with a recent crohns flare up. I ended up pretty much unable to get around, they removed all the fluid from my knee and that along with a cocktail of crohns drugs including Humira and steroids the joint pain has completely gone. I am now able to use me knee exactly as i could before.
it will get better :) as your IBD is treated.
- it is probably worth mentioning it to your Dr as they were concerned with me that the fluid in my knee was infected and this making me more poorly. in the end this wasnt the case but it may be worth mentioning it to your Dr just in case :)