• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Colonoscopy Today

I

ishy

I have my colonoscopy this morning. Stayed up almost all night in the bathroom, so I'm rather worn out. Hopefully, I can sleep afterward (and during!). I'm hoping my doc makes a final diagnosis so I can start treatment.

C

CazMc

Good luck:) I found the prep to be the worst part for me (esp as my stuff dodn't take proper effect till morning of my actual colonoscopy!) and the actual procedure ok so I am sure you will be fine. They keep you fairly updated throughout the procedure and I was actually able to fee the bits that looked funny in mine.....was weird but cool at the same time!!

Caz x

I

ishy

OK, so I don't have Crohn's. I still have the positive blood marker for it, but there's no indication of it from the colonoscopy. Instead, my gall bladder test came back severely abnormal, along with some liver tests, so my GI thinks that is what is causing all my symptoms. I have an appointment with a surgeon next week, and it looks like they'll be taking out my gall bladder soon.

Could it be Habba Syndrome?

http://habbasyndrome.com/_wsn/page2.html

Weird that a marker would show up for it. For what its worth, the colonscopy only showed some inflammation and the blood markers were actually negative. It took a couple Pill Cam's before they found the real source of the problem. So keep us updated on what you find out.

I

ishy

drew_wymore said:
Could it be Habba Syndrome?

http://habbasyndrome.com/_wsn/page2.html

Weird that a marker would show up for it. For what its worth, the colonscopy only showed some inflammation and the blood markers were actually negative. It took a couple Pill Cam's before they found the real source of the problem. So keep us updated on what you find out.
Yes, I think that must be what it is. I did have that scan, and actually got really sick during it.

Are the blood markers the pANSCA or whichever (I'm groggy), because I think those are like 85% effective at detection, but it's not a clear cut diagnosis, which is why scopes and biopsies and whatnot are also factored into diagnosis. Isla knows a bit about that more. Not that anyone wishes Crohns on you, but to keep in mind in case you have symptoms still 3 months later, and they're still not sure why.

I

Isla

Yes my colonoscopies, pill cameras, biopsies, and upper scope ALL came back perfect. No sign of any disease ever being there but my pANCA ASCA was positive for Crohns. Still skeptical my doctor put me on Asacol anyway - 3 months later my symptoms abated thus confirming Crohns. So Benson is right - don't just assume it couldn't possibly still be Crohns. If the symptoms are still there after other treatments for other ailments, fight to be treated for Crohns. Just because it doesn't quack like a duck doesn't mean it can't be a duck... I am proof of that!!!!!

Keep us updated!